Repubs save schoolchildren

Jim

Maybe Obama should include a portion in his speech about "personal responsbility" explaining how you it is OK to break all your campaign promises.

see, that would be an excellent thing for a kid to say after seeing the address! we could yammer about that for a good long while and maybe the result would be a little more enlightenment?

or better still would a student saying "my mom and dad make me watch Glenn Beck every night and so I don't believe anything that communist dictator says. Or you either, Libtard!"

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well, I'd keep my kids far away from you for other reasons.

hardly an erudite response, master orator :P

is it legitimate for a teacher of government to show it's government in action? should all the parents have to agree before i turn on cspan? show the inauguration? the state of the union?

is it legitimate for a teacher of government to show it's government in action? should all the parents have to agree before i turn on cspan? show the inauguration? the state of the union?

The inauguration and SoU are not *directed* at the youth in a planned, canned speech, Einstein.

And you better be showing the opposition reaction to the inauguration and SoU.

is that a televised speech to ALL students w/o advance parental consent?

how practical is it to get parental consent for every lesson plan i run in a year?

This is our government speaking directly to students in a forced environment. It is total bullshit.

Your lesson plans are subject to curricula, and parents can find out what is being taught. And you are accountable. Totally different.

Forced? A lot of schools aren't doing it, and parents of Republican children are allowed to pull their kids out of school so they aren't exposed to the filth of the President's message of tyranny and enslavement.

or better still would a student saying "my mom and dad make me watch Glenn Beck every night and so I don't believe anything that communist dictator says. Or you either, Libtard!"

amusingly, most of my kids are convinced i'm a republicunt (probably b/c i spend so much time doing the devil's advocate thing for the red-team, and also b/c i look like a skinhead :) )

The nerve of a dirty black man trying to talk to an innocent white child. I, for one, am outraged!

your interjection race into this discussion speaks volumes about YOU, you racist fuck

I'm sorry I forgot that since we have a black president there's no such thing as racism in America anymore, especially not from suburban Coloradan soccer moms.

The nerve of a dirty black man trying to talk to an innocent white child. I, for one, am outraged!

your interjection race into this discussion speaks volumes about YOU, you racist fuck

Yes, the Right Wing has yet to even MENTION racism, Pete. How dare you!!

He mentioned race first - because he is a liberal - one of the most racist category of humans on the planet.

The inauguration and SoU are not *directed* at the youth in a planned, canned speech, Einstein.

uh, dude, those speeches are aimed at the entire population of the country, which includes the chilluns :)

and showing the angry rebuttal (even before jendal) is the best part of the whole experience! :grin:

In order to counter-act the marxist Seattle Public School system I have put this wonderful face up on the walls opposite the kids beds. So the first and last thing they see each day is ole Uncle Milt!

MiltonFriedman.jpg

Honest truth: almost every time I drive the kids anywhere I turn on the cd player and the kids howl in unison: " Not Russ Roberts again!"

Yep the Puget household is a pretty groovy place!

:brew:

My sixth grade science teacher had us watch the entire Cosmos series. That should never have been allowed, this wretched godless show was an affront to those of us who disdain facts. Propaganda! And my high school history teacher made us watch Gone With the Wind. The word Damn was used- unacceptable filth!

you might be happy to know at least, kk, that i'm not showing it live - through the wonders of the youtube, i plan on previewing it so i can figure out the best questions/activities to follow it with

as a side note, assumign this speech is just blatant propaganda, what is the best way to prepare future citizens for living in a world saturated with propaganda?

actually you should just show videos of teabaggers and gun toting town hall meetings; this will terrify the children into hating Obama.

I'm sorry I forgot that since we have a black president there's no such thing as racism in America anymore, especially not from suburban Coloradan soccer moms.

no no there's racism- it white people that are being victimized everwhere you look. Even in the "Black House" (quoting Republican party staffer)

no no there's racism- it white people that are being victimized everwhere you look. Even in the "Black House" (quoting Republican party staffer)

More like the "Red House"

you might be happy to know at least, kk, that i'm not showing it live - through the wonders of the youtube, i plan on previewing it so i can figure out the best questions/activities to follow it with

as a side note, assumign this speech is just blatant propaganda, what is the best way to prepare future citizens for living in a world saturated with propaganda?

I'll point you in the right direction:

Your lesson plan should be titled: "Our Enemy, the State"

I'll point you in the right direction:

Your lesson plan should be titled: "Our Enemy, the State"

i've been running that one since 1998, esse! :)

Or simply explain to your students that every time someone(eg J_B) wants a law passed they want to use the police powers of the state to get other people (you and me) to do something they don't want to do.

Sounds like you need a stint in a "reeducation camp". It's really all about "education" after all - "education on the issues".