Woodstock - 40 years later

Ponderosa

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, hippies calmly stand by, some even snapping photos, while bikers use pool cues to beat the shit out of someone. That's my idea of peace and love. Should have used a Hippie Drill instead.

Why did the Angels use pool cues to beat the hippies? Anyone...anyone?

i don't like traffic, so i can't imagine having enjoyed woodstock :)

Traffic didn't play at Woodstock, mmeee-yaaaaaaaannn. Sheee-it, they weren't even invited.

Mighta been because they had broken up by then and had reformed as Blind Faith and were on a US tour during Woodstock. :grlaf:

Ah yes, hippies calmly stand by, some even snapping photos, while bikers use pool cues to beat the shit out of someone. That's my idea of peace and love. Should have used a Hippie Drill instead.

Why did the Angels use pool cues to beat the hippies? Anyone...anyone?

The whiskey bottles weren't empty yet?

My guess is because pool cues aren't "weapons" until you use them as such. So when the cops pull you over and you have an illegal gun, you're fucked, but if you have, say, a hammer, it's a hammer. Until you pound someone over the head with it. Then you can say to your grand kids, when you're watching "Gimme Shelter" with them, "Hey! That's me pounding a hippie with a hammer!"