arrest in cambridge

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You come up with some weird stuff, Akha. The professor clearly did not ask for any of this . All those who are making such a big issue of this are acting on their own agenda: the news media who like a sensational story picked up on one line of a five minute answer to a question that one of their members asked to kick this thing off and people like our friends BillCoe, Bug and Ponderosa argue that the bottom line here is that the President should simply not comment on these issues.

If anybody is to blame here, it is (gasp) THE POLICE OFFICER. There is no way any of you libertarians, cynical liberals, or gun nuts around here would ever justify your having been arrested for mouthing off to a police officer inside your own home. NO way ever. But when it is President Obama who has the nerve to comment on this: an outrage.

He has acknowledged that it was a mistake to use the word "stupid" but so far I have yet to see anyone here who is critical of his remarks indicate they listed to the entire answer he provided and that they actually disagree with the message he was clearly trying to convey: he was not and did not suggest judging the police officer for that action, it is wrong (yest stupid) to arrest somebody for being unruly in their own home, and (oh my f'ing god) there is racism in America.

well thats what is needed to keep you down, maaaan.

of course, just reading my local neighborhood blog, a dude threatening a woman at home alone, calls 911...cops never show up. i suppose you know if thats because there are not enough cops, they were all busy eating donuts, or if they're too busy tasering grandmas.

Some cops are public servants, some cops are flaming assholes with power complexes. Just because the president would be ill advised to say so doesn't make it any less true.

Porter, I thought your clip would be a joke, but it's a pretty good tutorial on how to handle the latter sort of cop in a traffic stop. Great example of how to stay respectful but not be milquetoast about it.

Yes Fairweather, that is the correct spelling.

Some cops are public servants, some cops are flaming assholes with power complexes...

Which one is this one? The point being that the distinction is totally irrelevant.

[video:youtube]

Edited by prole

Porter, I thought your clip would be a joke, but it's a pretty good tutorial on how to handle the latter sort of cop in a traffic stop. Great example of how to stay respectful but not be milquetoast about it.

Already posted here I believe, but even more informative:

[video:youtube]i8z7NC5sgik

of course, just reading my local neighborhood blog, a dude threatening a woman at home alone, calls 911...cops never show up. i suppose you know if thats because there are not enough cops, they were all busy eating donuts, or if they're too busy tasering grandmas.

no shortage of cops were i live... and i don't really think someone is trying to keep me down. never had any use for cops/rangers/administrators etc.

no shortage of cops were i live... and i don't really think someone is trying to keep me down. never had any use for cops/rangers/administrators etc.

cops have a use for you sucker. its called a qouta filler, and you're a prime candidate.

cops have a use for you sucker. its called a qouta filler, and you're a prime candidate.

nope, drive like a grandma and don't break any other laws. im kinda done feeding the machine. they have plenty of my money.

i do know a few cops and they remind me of you in so many ways... ya'll musta came from the same box.

100_4053.jpg

You come up with some weird stuff, Akha. The professor clearly did not ask for any of this . All those who are making such a big issue of this are acting on their own agenda: the news media who like a sensational story picked up on one line of a five minute answer to a question that one of their members asked to kick this thing off and people like our friends BillCoe, Bug and Ponderosa argue that the bottom line here is that the President should simply not comment on these issues.

If anybody is to blame here, it is (gasp) THE POLICE OFFICER. There is no way any of you libertarians, cynical liberals, or gun nuts around here would ever justify your having been arrested for mouthing off to a police officer inside your own home. NO way ever. But when it is President Obama who has the nerve to comment on this: an outrage.

He has acknowledged that it was a mistake to use the word "stupid" but so far I have yet to see anyone here who is critical of his remarks indicate they listed to the entire answer he provided and that they actually disagree with the message he was clearly trying to convey: he was not and did not suggest judging the police officer for that action, it is wrong (yest stupid) to arrest somebody for being unruly in their own home, and (oh my f'ing god) there is racism in America.

He wasn't arrested for mouthing off in his own home. It was outside. If a cop came to my house (trying to protect my home and its occupants) and I shit talked him both inside and outside his house, yelled epithets about his mother and called him a racist, I would assume that I would be on my way to jail.

You are a lawyer; obviously not a good one; but maybe you can dig up what the definition of public disturbance is there huh Matty? I bet my left testicle that this hate monger did just that.

You're an equivocating dumbshit w/o the requisite cognitive ability to make distinctions of position in those with who you disagree.

You parsing anything would be akin to a monkey mixing alphabet wood blocks with his latest steaming pile.

You're an equivocating dumbshit w/o the requisite cognitive ability to make distinctions of position in those with who you disagree.

You parsing anything would be akin to a monkey mixing alphabet wood blocks with his latest steaming pile.

WOW! Someone got out the Roget's! :shock:

Care to find out the statute for me? Or would you rather just masturbate on your thesaurus?

Care to find out the statute for me? Or would you rather just masturbate on your thesaurus?

Coming up next on "When Faux-Libertarians Can't Figure Out Who is Talking to Whom":...

Coming up next on "When Faux-Libertarians Can't Figure Out Who is Talking to Whom":...

WTF?