Need a partner this weekend

layton

Need partner for this weekend. Fri, Sat, Sun, and/or Monday (but 3 days max) for some long alpine rock climbs in the III-V 5.9-10b range. I have some specific climbs I wanna do in the N.Cascades or Canada. Gimme an email or ring. 360-756-6927.

I have a lightwieght alpine gun that I will use if you're a dick or lie about your abilities or want to turn around. I can drive (I think) but if you live in seattle or far from B'ham, I'm not driving to pick up and drop off.

That said, anyone still game?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good. I'll wait and hear from you. If you do not find anyone, I am always up for something short, but hard. Probably couldn't lead every pitch of Serpentine Arrete, for example. Two weeks ago, we did a one day car to car ascent of West Ridge of Stuart, but we were pretty tired. Jogged the eight miles out. Started at 1am, got down by 6pm. The N. Ridge is supposed to take around 6 hours. If we did huff it into Goats Pass (4-5 hours), It would probably take us around 2-3 hours to cross Stuart glacier, get up on the notch and start the climb. Any other routes you are interested in? Again, if I don't here from you, I'll probably head off to solo somethin' easy or try and jump on with my other climbing buddy and his girlfriend (3rd wheel action)

Still need a partner. I'm sure Ryland's a great guy and great climber, but he didn't have enought time. Commmmon'!

p.s. I'm very very hesitant to climb w/someone I don't know. Have had partners lie and wanted to kill them. But I must go climbing. I may solo. How's Joffre's NE side lookin?

Was up on Joffre about a month ago. Sun hit the NE couloirs at about 4am. Snow was soft. Rocks were falling into central couloir. We bailed.

Think the couloir routes are night time climbs this time a year until the sun gets a bit lower in the sky and temps drop a bit, but you are interested in rock anyway. Really want to do ice routes. Will go almost anytime with you, but have plans for this Saturday. Sun. & Mon?

Rock routes should be fine.

[ 07-24-2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: fixedPin ]

michael layton should hook up with michael stanton

the trip report(s) would be cool

[Mad] went up and suffered and scratched mightily as we plowed through bush hell. the thick dusty brambles tore at my sunburned thighs. i hate the sun.

[smile] A beautiful day as the approach showed no signs of human passage. It was a wonderful feeling of absolute wilderness, just a mile from the car!

[Mad] the bloodsucking winged spreaders-of-disease puffed up in a cloud from my back whenever i'd get the strength to whack'em off with my axe

[smile] One thing I'll say for those mosquitos is that they help motivate you to keep moving, one stop and they'll congregate on you like a cozy bed and breakfast!

[Mad] does anybody do this climb? loose blocks just about lept from the moss covered slimy cracks

[smile] The climbing was easy, and it was a fun challenge to find the solid holds among the loose blocks! I followed Beckey's advice to always pull down not out!

[... etc ...]

[smile] We made it back to the car, tired but elated! What a fantastic adventure, with a fantastic partner!

[Mad] as i collapsed at the car i realized nobody brought any beer. i'm gonna have to kill michael because he smiles too damn muhc.

[laf][laf][laf]

That was pretty funny.

Overly happy people usually aren't very funny, and to be honest, make me a little nervous.

I still need a partner

...which is cool because I get to meet a new friend [smile] and we can learn things from each other.