My First Movie! The Thread

wayne

Wayne, don't want to diss your video. First of all, good effort. A couple of technical notes. First of all the helmet cam format- why is it taller then wider? (kind of making it hard to watch). But first and foremost is a lack of sound. You really need an external mic (there are some good, small shotguns). Plus it would be much, much better to do some voiceover or a post climb interview. Remember- it's a story. Music plus some shots is not a story. 1 minute trailer is different from a doc. even if it's only 5 minutes long.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rawk: I am so happy you got that helmet cam! The music is perfect. I really like the lead in and out with the shots of the grasses and then the falls on your descent. That is all part of alpine climbing too and you showed how pretty it is. Thanks! Can't wait for the next video...

The only time I used a "Helmet cam" was on the Arayete of Shuksan. I duct-taped and strapped my little tripod on to my helmet. Worked great ,not too fun with the weight of my camera all off to the side , I knocked it around alot too. I have a great idea for a camera mount for my next vid. It should be pretty cool.

So I assume that you are just using your camera in video mode and shooting while climbing one handed?

I have been doing this while scrambling but am looking to video some different activities such as skiing an mt biking and am looking for something more geared toward actual POV video. It would also be nice to be able to climb with both hands on more technical terrain (especially in the opinion of my girlfriend, who questions the one handed climbing technique!)

Your videos are inspiring, thanks for sharing them.

• 1 month later...

That's pretty cool Wayne, I've been curious about your projects since we discussed your job at Ski-In, it's great to have some visuals to go with the conversation.

So the guy stripping forms, dropped his 2x4 down between the wall and panel. Did that just fall out the bottom and plummet 14 floors? How often do things (tools and such) get dropped from up there?