Revolt of the Machines

tvashtarkatena

This week on fucked-up-infrastructure.com:

Dishwasher's DOA.

Car's making a nasty scraping sound.

Lawn mower runs for a minute, then dies. Changed the gas, cleared the line, inspected the spark: No change. I see a FREE sign and a scythe in my future.

Motorcycle was stone dead. Standard diagnostics all OK. I took the ignition switch apart, cleaned out a bunch of carbon dust, and, with little hope left, it surprisingly roared to life. I just thank the Drol Susej that it wasn't a busted cable harness. At least one machine in this bone yard still runs.

Fucking

Hate

Machines.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So rather using the lawn mower for target practice, which I should have done, I pulled the head, cleaned up the valves and seats, and tightened it back down. I also checked all the other bolts (carb, etc). Then I changed out the gas, gas line (old), and spark. It runs for longer, now, but still threatens to quit occasionally. It's most likely the ignition coil, but fuck spending money on a machine I'm phasing out of my life anyway. For the once a month I use it, I can live with it as is until it needs to be tossed off a cliff. I really only need it to grind up yard waste for compost: the scythe will be a more trouble-free grass mower.

I paid 100 bucks 19 years ago for this thing, and it's been the most reliable machine I've ever owned; hence the last minute surgery. I owe it that much at least.

Oh, and the handle just snapped at the base on one side. FAWK.

Edited by tvashtarkatena