• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
marc_leclerc

CC Online Ticklist? - SPRAY EXTENSION

A friend who does not frequent CC was asking about digital ticklists. I know when CC got started there was some talk of a 8a.nu style ticklist for NW climbing areas. Was there a reason why that never took off?

On-line tick-list?

Sounds like an excuse for competitive grand-standing and schlang-measuring.

1438-645.jpg

Here's some ideas:

a) memory....have you really done so many climbs that you can't remember which?

("Was it Rainier or Denali.....I often get the two confused...they both have snow on them.) Get some of that ginko whatever that helps you remember things.

GINGKO.jpg

b) pencil and paper. works like a charm. Maybe a dedicated notebook or new fangled software program.

scribe_enl.jpg

c) trip report. Share the chest-beating in such a way that others can decide if they want to repeat the experience.

baby-gorilla.jpg

A friend who does not frequent CC was asking about digital ticklists. I know when CC got started there was some talk of a 8a.nu style ticklist for NW climbing areas. Was there a reason why that never took off?

On-line tick-list?

1438-645.jpg

Here's some ideas:

a) memory....have you really done so many climbs that you can't remember which?

("Was it Rainier or Denali.....I often get the two confused...they both have snow on them.) Get some of that ginko whatever that helps you remember things.

GINGKO.jpg

b) pencil and paper. works like a charm. Maybe a dedicated notebook or new fangled software program.

scribe_enl.jpg

c) trip report. Share the chest-beating in such a way that others can decide if they want to repeat the experience.

baby-gorilla.jpg

OMG.....I agree with Don.

Shouldn't you be in school instead of drunk-spraying on cc.com?
Those are two separate things?

On-line tick-list?

Fine then, if we want to see a list of your recent 5.5 rock and easy class one snow slogs we'll rattle your cage.

Meantime, we can only hope this helps you out... small_penis.jpg

Good luck.