please help me

marit

hi everyone!

I'm a newcomer.Now,let me introduce myself.I'm a college student in Shanghai.So ,my english isn't very well.Because i haven't much time and opportunity to communicate with those who speak english as you.But i need your help.Can you give me a brief introduction of ice climbing?As all of you are amateurs of ice climbing.Can you tell me the reason why you are keen on ice climbing?

Whether you will reply me or not.Thank you for your skimming! :grin:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Is this guy for real?? "Slow is safe"?? And use webbing b/c it's static and exerts the least force on your tools? Good lord, - where the hell did he learn this stuff?

Don't listen to that guy in the 2nd video marit, he's full of crap. At least according to everything I've been taught, and read in Accidents in North American Mountaineering.

Is this guy for real?? "Slow is safe"?? And use webbing b/c it's static and exerts the least force on your tools? Good lord, - where the hell did he learn this stuff?

Don't listen to that guy in the 2nd video marit, he's full of crap. At least according to everything I've been taught, and read in Accidents in North American Mountaineering.

Uhhhh, it was a joke.

It's funny until you read about some poor schmuck who followed the advice he found online on some youtube video and ended up in the hospital - that's all I'm saying. Actually, that might be funny too... MARIT - don't listen to that guy, it's NOT safe! Funny yes, kind of like a low speed auto accident, you can't look away but you can't believe what you're seeing.

It's funny until you read about some poor schmuck who followed the advice he found online on some youtube video and ended up in the hospital - that's all I'm saying. Actually, that might be funny too... MARIT - don't listen to that guy, it's NOT safe! Funny yes, kind of like a low speed auto accident, you can't look away but you can't believe what you're seeing.

:lmao::tup: Funnier, still is the thought of them thinking this video up and laughing at how funny they thought they were being...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...