Bridge Creek Wall beta request

Bug

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a long loose slog up there (2hrs?) Beautiful hunk of rock. I once climbed to the top of the pedestal and lounged in the sun before turning tail. The "5.7" pitch on the left side is a Yosemite quality OW/squeeze, we avoided it by a nice 5.9 crack just to it's left.

Not much info I know. I'm sure others have much more detail.

If you search the AAJ online there is a description of some aid climbs, one that takes a beautiful thin splitter, that are not mentioned in the L-town guides.

I have been up there twice. Once I actually climbed but had to bail with a heat stroked partner. We were halk way up the line that finishes with the 5.11 pitches on the top headwall.

The rock on the lower pitched was excellent. Well worth the slog.

I am hoping someone will mention some easier climbing. Long cruiser? Fairy dust? Lepricon stash?

My girly-o and I ran up the bolted route on Condor Buttress today (Sunday). It was so damn pretty up there. I've never had that perspective on the Enchantments. I thought the route was super fun and definately want to go explore more up there. Only gripe is that it seemed like the bolts were super close together, there were times when I was just clipping every other one. Pulled two ticks...so far...off our clothing and stuff.

Do you approach Bridge Creek Wall just like Condor Buttress, except go right instead of left near the top?

I don't know Condor buttress. But Bridge creek is accessible from the main road at the base of the main gulley. I just parked and started hiking straight up. BC Butt was on the left after a two hour approach. It is the biggest wall up there.

it's on the white fang, near non-wall.

p. 150 of the newer ltown guide:

4p 5.10

"this steep climb on impeccable stone is climaxed by an airy hand crack through a roof on the last pitch"

In talking to Gordon a couple years ago about this route, he likened it to kitty litter...hmmm...