Did you know?

kevbone

Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.

Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.

Accidental deaths per physician... 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.

Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) 1,500.

Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

"FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one Doctor."

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, at least the mds are trying to save or enhance your life. not sure what good comes from gun onwership. seems that most the folks with the guns are the folks that probably shouldn't have them. the comparison should include the nonaccidental deaths by gunowners. but as with all statistics....

...everyone has at least one Doctor."

Bullshit.

not sure what good comes from gun onwership. seems that most the folks with the guns are the folks that probably shouldn't have them.
The uncertainty expressed in your first statement can be remedied by the error (arguably) in observation in the second.

the comparison should include the nonaccidental deaths by gunowners.
It should then include the non-accidental deaths precipitated by medical professionals.

well, at least the mds are trying to save or enhance your life. not sure what good comes from gun onwership. seems that most the folks with the guns are the folks that probably shouldn't have them. the comparison should include the nonaccidental deaths by gunowners. but as with all statistics....

funny how liberal i wasn't after i moved away from portland, started my own business

and just grew the fuck up.

funny how liberal i wasn't after i moved away from portland, started my own business

and just grew the fuck up.

Are you trying to say Portland is a liberal city?

it's kinda like Boulder with no climbing, no hotties, no sun and a mediocre economy and bridge that people jump off cause their food stamps didn't come in the mail.

well, at least the mds are trying to save or enhance your life.

I would say most doctors priority is to get paid.

Gee kev, sounds rather uncharacteristically cynical for someone who's always got such a Pollyann-ish attitude...

Its the field I work in......I know about these things.

well, at least the mds are trying to save or enhance your life.

I would say most doctors priority is to get paid.

Gee kev, sounds rather uncharacteristically cynical for someone who's always got such a Pollyann-ish attitude...

Its the field I work in......I know about these things.

and, pray tell, with what sort of humanitarian undertaking do you earn your daily bread, noble kevbone? evidently your labors aren't sullied by crass concerns with remuneration. i'm guessing you are one of those high-minded sorts who would work even if he wasn't paid because your employment is so uplifting and ennobling, a boon to mankind...