No Snow

billcoe

Last year at this time, there was so much snow that after it closed the road in October it got so high that it eventually covered and wiped out the road cam 20' up on the pole at tombstone: 4400 feet elevation.

The snow hit so hard the 4 wheel drive got stuck and we finished by walked in for this quick pic in early October.

Is_that_a_boy_scout_axe.jpg

When I finally got back up there in July this is what it looked like still.

7_4_08_Cathedral_Formation_Road_closure_small_2.jpg

This year, sitting in my office gazing longingly at the road cam, I can shockingly still see the road and its February yet! Early access to remote areas is awesome, but it's gonna suck later in the year for power, lawn watering and Fall Chinook.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tombstone rocked last year, well it always rocks, just last year was even better. I had one of the best days there in late april. I was up there last night under the full moon (11pm-3am), there was a easily breakable layer, but nice snow underneath. They got about 6 inches of new snow, as of last night; but it looks like more is comin'!

There's good powder skiing in central oregon if you poke around a bit right now.

My secret undisclosed location had more snow on the ground in December than it did in April 2 years ago. Looking at the pictures in the hotel, and the news reports, it's surpassing winters going back 100 years. It's nuts.

Oh, and the Bogners are fantastic