Awesome repeat & downgrade

G-spotter

I don't see a specific forum for the lamest-est-es rock and roll topic but maybe I missed it while I was searching for climbing\

Its called spray.

Sorry for spraying in a climbing forum...but I am sticking to it. Downgrading a climb that NO ONE posting here will ever climb is point less to discuss.

but....I do respect most slab climbs, especially if they are 5.13

But I'm totally gonna send it... after i graduate...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slab climbing rocks!

Talking about stone type, I have climbed alot on Navajo Sandstone and that stuff is sketchy, gotta wipe your shoes nearly every move to clean off the little quartz ball bearings. Talk about total focus and shifting feet awareness.

Me on Hall of Smears in Kolob Canyon. (11)

DSCN1804.jpg

Great pic Pho! Man, that looks like a cheese grater waiting to happen if you muff the clip!

And on that thought, what is the lowest angle slab route that you can think of? I'm thinking it still needs to be an actual pitch, not a 4th class approach pitch. Could there be a 5.10 slab at 50 degrees? I've seen a few routes at Squmish that don't look to be any steeper than 60 and are still rated 5.10ish. Maybe something inTuolumne?

I'll bet it's something on glacier point I think that averages 50 degrees. Some of that stuff is pretty polished and smooth. Like on Misty Beethoven (5.10d) your shoes squeek from the contact. Hall of Mirrors continues up and it's mucho harder per the book although some it it looks steeper. I've not been on HOM personally. There lots of less steep stuff as well.

Slab climbing rocks!

Talking about stone type, I have climbed alot on Navajo Sandstone and that stuff is sketchy, gotta wipe your shoes nearly every move to clean off the little quartz ball bearings. Talk about total focus and shifting feet awareness.

Me on Hall of Smears in Kolob Canyon. (11)

DSCN1804.jpg

That looks sweet!

I don't see a specific forum for the lamest-est-es rock and roll topic but maybe I missed it while I was searching for climbing\

Its called spray.

Sorry for spraying in a climbing forum...but I am sticking to it. Downgrading a climb that NO ONE posting here will ever climb is point less to discuss.

Good to have you along. So glad you respect 5.13 slab! WTF does that mean, anyway? You "respect" it? Who cares? You're a miserable little creature, kevbone. Pity the sad bastard who must interact with you in person. Are you as much a blithering idiot in the flesh?

The mind simply staggers!

- Peace

Its called spray.

Good to have you along. So glad you respect 5.13 slab! WTF does that mean, anyway? You "respect" it? Who cares? You're a miserable little creature, kevbone. Pity the sad bastard who must interact with you in person. Are you as much a blithering idiot in the flesh?

The mind simply staggers!

- Peace

:lmao:

• 3 weeks later...