Metallica's new album

kevbone

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on them after the Napster thing.

I would refer you to the true genius and greatness of Al whats hisname for more info. [video:youtube]Yz-grdpKVqg

Or my son said for a long time you could download it for free of from Weird Als site! :lmao:

Link to Weird Al Yankovic

"In April 2000, Ulrich became a vocal opponent of Napster and file sharing as Metallica sued the company for copyright infringement and racketeering. In July 2000, he testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee after Metallica's entire catalogue was found to be freely available for download on the service. The case was settled out-of-court, resulting in more than 300,000 Napster users being banned from the service.[3] Due to his high profile role in Napster's legal troubles and subsequent demise, Ulrich faced significant criticism and ridicule from users of the service.[4] Since the Napster ordeal, Ulrich was quoted by LAUNCHcast as having some regrets:[5]

“ I wish that I was more...you know, I felt kind of ambushed by the whole thing because I didn't really know enough about what we were getting ourselves into when we jumped. [...] We didn't know enough about the kind of grassroots thing, and what had been going on the last couple of months in the country as this whole new phenomenon was going on. We were just so stuck in our controlling ways of wanting to control everything that had to do with METALLICA. So we were caught off guard and we had a little bit of a rougher landing on that one than on other times than when we just blindly leap. But you know, I'm still proud of the fact that we did leap... and I took a lot of hits and it was difficult. ”

One such 'hit' was being featured in an episode of South Park in which the children are taught not to download illegally because multi-millionaires like Ulrich now have to wait a little longer to buy expensive, extravagant things, like the ridiculous "gold-plated shark tank bar beside the pool". The segment is a parody of the Napster case. Ulrich has been target to many verbal attacks after this incident."

Frankie Yankovic, the late Polka King and seller of 30 million records who passed at 83 years old in 1998 (no relation although Al played on one of Frankies albums!) could hit that accordion way hot too!