He worked the system, now it's workin' him

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...none of you believe in due process?

I find it sorta funny that Blagojevich (Democrat) ran on a platform of reform to succeed Illinois Gov. George Ryan (Republican) who's currently serving time in prison for corruption.

Also, do you remember former Democratic New York governor Elliot Spitzer who pursued corruption and fraud with such zeal that it earned him the nickname Elliot Ness? Charges against him were dropped.

Yeah you guys, you should have voted Republican, we would have a strong economy, a clean environment, and our noble righteous cause would win over the whole world. WE WOULD BE LIKE A BEACON OF HOPE AND FREEDOM FOR ALL!

Edited by dmuja

I'll report, you decide ..

"But in fact, there were suggestions Tuesday that it was Rahm Emanuel, Obama's designated chief of staff, who pushed prosecutors to move faster on the Blagojevich investigation. Police had been watching him for years.

A Chicago Fox affiliate reports that after Blagojevich approached Emanuel about the Senate seat, Obama's no-nonsense confidant immediately contacted the authorities.

The Obama team, in fact, is reportedly clean due to their refusal to bribe Blagojevich, something that prosecutors say enraged him."

I would have to see a smoking gun/video to believe an Obama administration connection of any kind. Unfortunately, Obama did arise from one of the nastiest political swamps in America aka Chicago, and those who shepherded his rise will eventually seek favors. My guess, at this point, is that Obama will slam the door in their faces. As for this ass-clown governor, I think 30 years sounds about right. Due process first, but I don't hear a great deal of ambiguity in those audio tapes. The guy is dirty.

Edited by Fairweather

So...none of you believe in due process?

I find it sorta funny that Blagojevich (Democrat) ran on a platform of reform to succeed Illinois Gov. George Ryan (Republican) who's currently serving time in prison for corruption.

Also, do you remember former Democratic New York governor Elliot Spitzer who pursued corruption and fraud with such zeal that it earned him the nickname Elliot Ness? Charges against him were dropped.

Reminds me of the Democrat who cheated on his wife after running a family values campaign in the wake of a Gay Republican child-fucking scandal. Was that Florida?

Blagojevich was so breathtakingly brazen that it's hard to imagine he was able to carry on for so long. He's almost a throwback to the Tammany Hall era. I feel a Hollywood biopic in the works: Alec Baldwin as "Blagojevich".

Edited by prole

Yah, there's been a flurry of news stories concerning Blagojevich odd behavior. He appears to be a real skunk. And with a year long fed investigation where his telephone was bugged you'd think this would be an open and shut case. Yet he claims he hasn't done anything illegal, maybe inappropriate but law abiding. Maybe he's totally full of shit but is it a crime if he only talks boastingly about influence peddling or is he actually guilty of following through and committing these acts?

Part of the machine sees the light of day:

Interesting timeline

It seems the Gov. was a bit of a Larry Craig character; acting the poster child for for one crusade while doing exactly what he crusaded against. The people probably need to award him a nice, long stay at a federal resort to show our appreciation.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

That's a little premature. It's 3rd hand from one of the Gov's emissaries. There is no other indication that Jackson did anything wrong.

When stories like this break, or any big story, for that matter, much of what comes out initially, especially on the not-so-professional news channels like MSNBC, is rumor. Remember the "Palin's baby?" non-story? The Gov himself seems guilty as hell, given the mountain of evidence already out there, but as far as more tenuous involvement, such as Jackson, the real story will settle out soon enough.

Remember the "Palin's baby?" non-story?

Dude, are you kidding?! That story's about to blow sky-high! Have you seen Bristol lately? No baby-bump, bro! Trig's back with his real mom now (Sarah Palin's all: "Thank God" 'n shit). Real dad? Who the hell knows! Probably that skeezy chain-smoking Captain on the World's Deadliest Catch. I'm expecting some new developments any day!