[TR] Beacon Rawk - Bitch Slapped on the Axe of Karma (5.10c A3 III) 11/8/2008

ivan

Quick question, have you guys ever considered how much time you spend talking about Beacon online. Rough guess? Let's try this, every time your tempted to post something about Beacon on CC go do some training. Get a hang-board, do pull-ups, run TR laps, lift weights. You'll be so fucken strong that you'll hike every route out there and even the most obscure line with shaky holds will feel easy for you. Bolts at Beacon, you won't need them as you'll be so strong you'll just run everything out between bomber natural pro. Loose holds, you won't care as those routes are soft and you can just campus past the. I'm not joking, let's try it for 8 weeks and report back to me with your fitness level. I bet you'll add-on at least two full numbers grades by converting Beacon Rock online spray into training time.

-Nate

i'm waaaay past you - i:

- run a half-marathon everytime joe quotes someone and then writes a full paragraph point-by-point retaliation

- do 50 pullups everytime pink puts in a pop-up lizard

- do a brace of bench presses using me wife and 2 kids each time kevbone posts ANYTHING

- run 3000 vertical feet on the stairmaster each time geoff can be dragged out of his lurker-ness to weigh in

- and jerk off w/ a self-imposed deadline of 30 seconds anytime i double-post b/c i'm so haaawt waiting for the next reply

:grin:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! F*ed, thats rightm I'm so screwed here. Cause every time JH posts a response where he's right in response to someone explaining why he's wrong or should consider there point, I TAKE A CHUG OFF MY WINE GLASS. Let me tell you, It's totally f&ed my training regiment and I thing I'll be lucky to pull 5.6 this weekend#$^

if I can wake up at all tomorrow. But its a fun lil drinkin game:-)

Those that can't train spray...

If I could walk away from my keyboard to train I'd love it.

Well, that and I don't train.

------------------------------

Bill, So I'm not supposed to respond? Hell, as it was Mark got pissed when I was slow getting back up to his. As far as "I'm right", no - I have my perspective and views on the subject other people have theirs. When I'm misquoted, someone's putting words in my mouth, or arguing points which in the end all revolve around sanitizing a spectacular and challenging line, then I suppose it does look that way. From my perspective I seem to be up against "wasted rock", "best for the community", "remove the risk climbing", and "it's too dangerous" arguments - none of which I agree with. I have read folks posts and been entirely forthright and honest in my responses.

I'm really a bit stunned that not a single person voiced any excitement, interest, or even curiosity in the line as a free climb. I guess in the end, I climb what I climb because it grabs and interests me, I don't climb for other people - if what a safety-obsessed mainstream does pushes folks' view of my climbing ever farther to the fringes that entirely fine with me. But then again, needing some sketch in our climbing is probably something Ivan and I have in common.

Edited by JosephH

LOL! :lmao: That's EXACTLY what happened in this thread, go back and look~! The boner pulled tossed a bomb and the thread went off:-)

:wave:

didn't i note that on like page 2 (and yet call on it to make me spray-famous (i did it ma! i'm the king of the world!!!!!!!)))(fuck, how many ellipsis in was i?)

wish i could do the jet-setter cragging-lifestyle thang - i gotta get by w/ dank ass beacon stone and hella-thin craptacular hood ice :cry:

Nice job yall. I posted a little jab then went climbing for three days and bam, spray fest.

By the way, I believe the rock made it through another weekend. Thank god. But, I could use some large falt rock to finish my new ledge at the base of Jensen's Ridge, Ivan variation.

Nice job yall. I posted a little jab then went climbing for three days and bam, spray fest.

By the way, I believe the rock made it through another weekend. Thank god. But, I could use some large falt rock to finish my new ledge at the base of Jensen's Ridge, Ivan variation.

large falt rock WTF is that Geoff?

i'm waaaay past you - i:

- run a half-marathon everytime joe quotes someone and then writes a full paragraph point-by-point retaliation

- do 50 pullups everytime pink puts in a pop-up lizard

- do a brace of bench presses using me wife and 2 kids each time kevbone posts ANYTHING

- run 3000 vertical feet on the stairmaster each time geoff can be dragged out of his lurker-ness to weigh in

- and jerk off w/ a self-imposed deadline of 30 seconds anytime i double-post b/c i'm so haaawt waiting for the next reply

:grin:

Now that's what I'm talking about!

what the hell should i do w/ my one day of freedom?

another crack at silver crow?

was thinking i should do jensen's again this season. maybe see just how much jeff's hard work was worth it this past summer?

but then i've also wanted to do the last pitch of flight time since last year(if only the thought of hanging off that goddamn worthless anchor wasn't so nasaeuating)

repeat ground zero? to riverside? to top out?

the time doesn't feel right for smooth dancer - i'm thinking that'll have to be next summer...

why did the wet winter have to up and get here so damn fast?

ow, wait, what was that one wayne mentioned above land of the little people?

shit!

High and Mighty. I know you can handle the first part of it