Good shop to mount Dynafits: Seattle or Eastside

intheways

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Ski in N Bend is still run by Martin Volken and is highly recommended (the ski tech, Caley, knows his sh*t). The Seattle location isn't, and it shows (shopkeeps are too busy "bro-brahing" to interact with lowly customers).

Second Ascent also does a great job mounting D'fits.

Marmot charges double what they should.

I agree that sometimes you have to wait for a while to talk to someone at Pro Ski. But the employees there do know their shit.

That doesn't have anything to do with mounting bindings anyway.

Maybe I am insane, but I assume customer service is a crucial part of any business. The three times I've stopped by the Seattle store, the punks behind the counter simply couldn't be bothered to stop yacking about getting wasted and/or "sick park sessions" to acknowledge the fact that a customer was actually in the shop and wanting help. I will happily steer people elsewhere.

Maybe I am insane, but I assume customer service is a crucial part of any business. The three times I've stopped by the Seattle store, the punks behind the counter simply couldn't be bothered to stop yacking about getting wasted and/or "sick park sessions" to acknowledge the fact that a customer was actually in the shop and wanting help. I will happily steer people elsewhere.

I've had similar tude at the North Bend store. Almost aggressive at times. Alas, such is the fate of ski stores in the current era. And so the solution is to mount my Dynafits myself.