The spoiled under 30 crowd

kevbone

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears

With their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking Twenty-five miles to school every morning

. Uphill... barefoot...

BOTH ways

Yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up,

There was no way in hell I was going to lay

A bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it

And how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of

Thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my

Childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it but you kids today you

Don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have The Internet. If we wanted to know something, We had to go to the damn library and

Look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually write

Somebody a letter, with a pen!

.Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! You wanted to

Steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself!

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the DJ'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you

Were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it!

And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either!

When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school,

Your mom, your boss, your Bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you

Just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy Sony Playstation video

Games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games

Like 'Space Invaders' and 'asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You

Actually had to use your I mag ination!! And there were no multiple levels or

Screens, it was just one screen

Forever!

And you could never win. The game just kept getting

Harder and harder and

Faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a Little book called a TV Guide to find out what was

On! You were screwed when it Came to channel surfing! You had to get off

Your ass and walk over to the TV to change the Channel and there was no

Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons

On Saturday Morning. Do you Hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK

For cartoons, you spoiled

Little rat-bastards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat

Something up we had to use the stove ... Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids

Today have got it too easy.

You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted

Five minutes back in 1980!

Regards,

The over 30 Crowd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things that make that stupid:

When I was younger, a lot of those things were true for me. Library card catalog, cassette tapes (no mp3's), no e-mail (and I still write normal letters), no caller id or call waiting.

Anyway, what you should think about it, how good you old people got it! Its not like all this technology is limited to the under 30 crowd. Plus you might still get social security. But we're fucked, that is for sure.

I'm thinking it's because kids never go outside these days so they don't get any sunshine and now they need more from their diets.

You're talking out your ass in smelly absolutes due to a lack of reading beyond the headlines.

The recommendation is for supplements because, as the recommendation mentions, most children aren't getting enough D in their diets.

Edited by ScottP

I'm thinking it's because kids never go outside these days so they don't get any sunshine and now they need more from their diets.

You're talking out your ass in smelly absolutes due to a lack of reading beyond the headlines.

The recommendation is for supplements because, as the recommendation mentions, most children aren't getting enough D in their diets.

back atchya bitch

Children can play in the sun without sunscreen for 5 or 10 minutes a few times weekly to receive adequate supplies. Children who sit indoors in front of television or computers are not being exposed to enough sunshine to encourage the production of vitamin D.

:P

Milk, Sunshine Each Day Keep the Doctor Away

· Kids from newborns to teenagers should take twice as much Vitamin D as previously recommended because it may help prevent serious disease, a leading medical group said yesterday.

The new recommendation came from the American Academy of Pediatrics. A pediatrician is a doctor who takes care of kids.

In the past it had been recommended that kids get 200 units of Vitamin D a day. Now, the doctors are saying, they should take 400 units. Vitamin D can be taken in drops, capsules or tablets.

Most milk that you can buy in the store is fortified with Vitamin D. But most kids don't drink enough of it. You need four cups daily to meet the requirement.

Other foods, including cereal, are also packed with Vitamin D, as are the oily fish tuna, mackerel and sardines.

But it's hard to get enough through diet. The best source is sunlight, because the body makes Vitamin D when sunshine hits the skin.

The new advice is based on research showing that Vitamin D not only helps keep bones strong but might also play a role in preventing disease.

Milk, Sunshine Each Day Keep the Doctor Away

· Kids from newborns to teenagers should take twice as much Vitamin D as previously recommended because it may help prevent serious disease, a leading medical group said yesterday.

The new recommendation came from the American Academy of Pediatrics. A pediatrician is a doctor who takes care of kids.

In the past it had been recommended that kids get 200 units of Vitamin D a day. Now, the doctors are saying, they should take 400 units. Vitamin D can be taken in drops, capsules or tablets.

Most milk that you can buy in the store is fortified with Vitamin D. But most kids don't drink enough of it. You need four cups daily to meet the requirement.

Other foods, including cereal, are also packed with Vitamin D, as are the oily fish tuna, mackerel and sardines.

But it's hard to get enough through diet. The best source is sunlight, because the body makes Vitamin D when sunshine hits the skin.

The new advice is based on research showing that Vitamin D not only helps keep bones strong but might also play a role in preventing disease.

How much Vit D do Kryptonians need?

i don't know about you folks but here in the northwest where i live and work an office job, sometimes its hard to get any sunlight during the day. during the winter months i'm often in before daylight and leave about sunset. back off the kids. sometimes its hard get outside during the light when you live here.

Kids DO go outdoors less than they used to and there has been a national discussion of this phenomenon. here is a recent article, and here is a book on the subject.

"Kids don't think about going outside like they used to, and unless there is some scheduled activity, I don't think they know what to do outdoors anymore," Pelzman said.

Concerns about long-term consequences -- affecting emotional well-being, physical health, learning abilities, environmental consciousness -- have spawned a national movement to "leave no child inside." In recent months, it has been the focus of Capitol Hill hearings, state legislative action, grass-roots projects, a U.S. Forest Service initiative to get more children into the woods and a national effort to promote a "green hour" in each day

:rolleyes:

The vitamin D thing is because they only just realized how important it is and have even had to backpedal heavily on the 'hide from the sun it will give you cancer' thing.

You scare the crap out of parents so they will only let their kids out if they're covered in sun screen and hats and whatnot and then blame kids these days for not going outside enough?

The moment you say 'kids these days' it just means you're old and out of touch. In the grand scheme of things nothing has changed. Kids have the same number of problems as they've ever had the problems are just different. Deal with it.