Finger Splitters & Flappers

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by crank_sloper:
Pulling on some crimpers on a stone wall last night and I split a tip real bad. Spurting blood and all. band aided it up today. Anybody know of ways to increase healing time? I heard you can slater it over with aloe gel or tea Tree Oil is also supposed to be good...?
frown.gif" border="0

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: crank_sloper ]

One way would be to wipe your butt with it without using toilet paper. That would surely slow the healing process, thereby increasing the healing time.

quote:

Originally posted by crank_sloper:
Pulling on some crimpers on a stone wall last night and I split a tip real bad. Spurting blood and all. band aided it up today. Anybody know of ways to increase healing time? I heard you can slater it over with aloe gel or tea Tree Oil is also supposed to be good...?
frown.gif" border="0

If your interested in DECREASING the healing time I would start with Neosporin and a good bandaid that doesn't allow anything in. The antibiotic is important to kill and bacteria that might be in the wound area. These bacteria release endotoxins which stimulate an immune response, and while your body is fighting these bacteria it is also making it hard for surrounding tissue to repair itself. There is also this stuff you can buy which is basically like a skin superglue which is useful for something like what you got.

I'm a dork [big Drink]

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: jon ]

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

If your interested in DECREASING the healing time I would start with Neosporin and a good bandaid that doesn't allow anything in. The antibiotic is important to kill and bacteria that might be in the wound area. These bacteria release endotoxins which stimulate an immune response, and while your body is fighting these bacteria it is also making it hard for surrounding tissue to repair itself. There is also this stuff you can buy which is basically like a skin superglue which is useful for something like what you got.

I'm a dork
[big Drink]

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: jon ]

Thanks Jon!!

Geez Dan get all technical and shit! LOL tongue.gif" border="0

Some antibiotics/antivirals work like you say, I think, like Tetracyclin which inhibits protein synthesis by binding to ribosomes. I don't know how neomycin (which is in Neosporin) works offhand but I know that penicillin binds to a specific enzyme responsible for cell wall synthesis and blocks synthesis and causes degradation of the cell wall (by autolytic enzymes called lysins) causing the bacteria to burst because of differences in osmotic pressures.

The moral of the story is I'm a dork. [big Drink]

Pulling on some crimpers on a stone wall last night and I split a tip real bad. Spurting blood and all. band aided it up today. Anybody know of ways to increase healing time? I heard you can slater it over with aloe gel or tea Tree Oil is also supposed to be good...? frown.gif" border="0

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: crank_sloper ]