Georgia II

akhalteke

If Moscow achieves its goals in Georgia, they will have:

1) A monopoly on energy exports in the caucasus

2) The 1st domino of sattelite countries to fall from the arms of the West

3) Proof that all Russia will get from the West is yet another bout of "strong words," despite whatever villanous actions they might commit against their newly freed neighbours.

There are quite a few more, but these seem the most immediately important.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) Proof that all Russia will get from the West is yet another bout of "strong words," despite whatever villanous actions they might commit against their newly freed neighbours.

If you were in charge, how would you respond to recent Russian aggression besides issuing "strong words"? Serious question about a serious issue.

Q4T:

Who gives a fuck?

Thinking people.

This shit is pretty disconcerting, but not entirely unexpected, particulary when you consider the extent to which the United States has been weakened over the last seven years.

If you were in charge, how would you respond to recent Russian aggression besides issuing "strong words"? Serious question about a serious issue.

Q4T:

Who gives a fuck?

Thinking people.

This shit is pretty disconcerting, but not entirely unexpected, particulary when you consider the extent to which the United States has been weakened over the last seven years.

Go back 8 years and... oh wait. Flux capacitor is out. I think we are being put over a rock and a hard place. We can either grab our ankles and take our pounding or we can impose real economic sancions.

These would have to be harsh and likely would sting us damn near as hard as they would sting Russia. We are kinda fucked. Only question is: Do we want to be fucked a little bit now (and fuck Russia back) or hard later (and possibly not with the ability to demand a reach-around)?

I say hit the gas on Ukraine. Georgia overstepped and Russia capitolized. We can do the same to Russia, but we have to do it hard and fast and as I said before, we will likely take a hit.

With a shady motherfucker like Moskow, you never know what can happed. (as we have seen in the last weeks)

Prole, you are ignorant.

Tough talk? The time for talk is over! Pull NATO out of Afghanistan and aggressively reposition these troops along Russia's western borders where they belong. Plow megamoney into high-tech missile defense, apply robustly. Start signing shitloads of mutual defense treaties with Russia's neighbors, funnel guns and money to anyone that'll sign. Put Condoleeza's Soviet-area expertise in McCain's cabinet. Court China and India more aggressively in order to balance Russia's growing power, more guns here. Allow China a diplomatic free hand in dealing with its internal dissent, ramp up attention on Russia's. Fearmongering media blitz on Russian power, Islam is out/red scare II is in. Drill, drill, drill. Print more American flag stickers, lapel pins, etc.

Go back 8 years and... oh wait. Flux capacitor is out. I think we are being put over a rock and a hard place. We can either grab our ankles and take our pounding or we can impose real economic sancions.

These would have to be harsh and likely would sting us damn near as hard as they would sting Russia. We are kinda fucked. Only question is: Do we want to be fucked a little bit now (and fuck Russia back) or hard later (and possibly not with the ability to demand a reach-around)?

I say hit the gas on Ukraine. Georgia overstepped and Russia capitolized. We can do the same to Russia, but we have to do it hard and fast and as I said before, we will likely take a hit.

With a shady motherfucker like Moskow, you never know what can happed. (as we have seen in the last weeks)

These Dr. Strangelove quotes are great! Do you have any more?

Edited by prole

Bush has acted in a provocative manner toward Russia from day one. We need to scrap our missile deal with Poland and let genocidal thugs like Georgia's Shakashvilli know that we aren't going to come to their rescue every time they pick a fight with a bear.

That's pussy talk. Didn't you hear Alkoholeke? We gotta FUCK 'em!!

Bush has acted in a provocative manner toward Russia from day one. We need to scrap our missile deal with Poland and let genocidal thugs like Georgia's Shakashvilli know that we aren't going to come to their rescue every time they pick a fight with a bear.

Huh? What are you saying??? GGK says we've been total pussies with Russia and let them have free reign. You can't be right!

I think your understanding of the events in Georgia are a little too simple. Do you remember the plane Russia shot down in April (I think)? This is not an isolate incident.

Patch that together with the political tinkerings in Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine, Georgia, ect. and the poisoning of Yevchenko as well as other dissidents, it becomes a bit more clear what Russia is up to.

They will try to get back their old stomping grounds one way or another. That is clear.

Prole. Read or take a Hilti to your occipital lobe.

I think your understanding of the events in Georgia are a little too simple. Do you remember the plane Russia shot down in April (I think)? This is not an isolate incident.

Patch that together with the political tinkerings in Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine, Georgia, ect. and the poisoning of Yevchenko as well as other dissidents, it becomes a bit more clear what Russia is up to.

They will try to get back their old stomping grounds one way or another. That is clear.

Prole. Read or take a Hilti to your occipital lobe.

Oh don't worry, FW was just being sarcastic. I'm sure he agrees with you that Russia need to be FUCKED HARD.

I'm not sure why you would think that. I meant what I said. We could have had an ally in The RF post cold war, but instead we've demonstrated arrogance and provocation at almost every turn. Imagine the tables were turned and Russia was offering "protection" to our allies and setting up 'defensive' missiles in Canada and Mexico. You think that would feed some internal nationalism as well?

Wow. Your ability to turn every post on this board into homo-erotica is quite... gross, but impressive none-the-less.

I learned from the best!

oh, what a wisdom! your insight is just fucking amazing.

Bush has acted in a provocative manner toward Russia from day one.
Have you heard McCain's blathering about Russia?!? That guy hasn't got a clue!

But cheers to our new star wars system in Ukraine. That sounds like the sickest video game to come out since Halo.

Russia loosing communism was just a speed bump in the way of their superpower aspirations. Now that their economy is back, its time to reclaim territory. give it another 5 years and we'll see some more cold war action, but it'll be a bit spicier this time around.

Edited by 111

oh, what a wisdom! your insight is just fucking amazing.

Take your man-oils and go home to defend your other passport.