[TR] Der Beacon-wand - - Shotguns n' Shenanigans 8/8/2008

ivan

Trip: Der Beacon-wand - - Shotguns n' Shenanigans

Date: 8/8/2008

Trip Report:

took a former student out for his first multi-pitch climb 2day - very proud of him - he did the se corner to the land o'the'li'l'people, all the raps down, that tr thang next to jills thrill, plus the 1st pitch of dod's jam - shouldn't have pushed him to do cruising at the end of the day (why not throw face, crack and slab routes at him all in one day, i thought, on this his 2nd time climbing outdoors? :) )- ended up running up the corner alone at the end of the day to retrieve a lost nalgene - we raced to see who could get to the top first after i finished the slab pitch :)

l_023.jpg

l_024.jpg

l_025.jpg

l_026.jpg

Gear Notes:

the usual :)

Approach Notes:

the second moon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you waited until the rock was all wet before you brought newbs up Beacon !

Looks like he might make a promising future student in the school of rock, nice work there... (I'm assuming he didn't hand over his rope and swear off Beacon forever like other so-called climbers we know ?!))

I took a newbie (14 years old) up the SE corner on Sunday.....that was his first climb. He did a great job.
That must have been you I met up with on the summit ridge after the ramp pitch?

Correction. It was Sat we were climbing.

Right, Saturday it was. I met up with some kid just starting the ramp pitch and then passed you at the belay, if that was indeed you... Edited by denalidave

Yeah....what is with the arrows? I will try to rub them off next time I am there.
Oh, I figured the other arrows on the SE Corner ramp pitch and were from you since you had a beginner w/you. Whoever did it sure mapped it out well. Good thing or I might a gotten lost up there...

Yeah....what is with the arrows? I will try to rub them off next time I am there.
Oh, I figured the other arrows on the SE Corner ramp pitch and were from you since you had a beginner w/you. Whoever did it sure mapped it out well. Good thing or I might a gotten lost up there...

I would never do such a thing.

naw, weren't my arrows, but those seem to show up every few years anyhow - better than that arrow that got scratched into the rock a few years back (can't remember where it was now though?)

All the way up the corner, took awhile to get them out and the result looking halfway decent. Can't really tell anymore unless you know where they were.