Dogs on Mountains

dinomyte

OK, I know this topic has been beat to shit, but this guy needs some flaming. I'm voting him douchebag of the year.

Douchebag.jpg

Kevin_Matlock and I did a summit camp on South Sis Saturday night and ran into this guy and his party of jeans-wearing idiots at about 9000 feet.

I snapped a pic cause my initial thought was "cute," then I saw that his dog was about dead - pads and nails shredded by the rock. They had another dog that stopped right here too, and tried to bite a guy that was gonna drag it along.

Other climbers reported that the dog in the pack (11 years old) was convulsing near the summit and the owner left it there so he could summit. Folks gave it all the water they could spare (It was broiling on Saturday, even up high).

Sorry to bring it up, but I just wanted to beat the shit outta the guy.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm voting him douchebag of the year.

Another vote for him here!

Thought Jon was going to plunge his axe into the dood's mellon; have to say he would have deserved it too.

Seriously bad form. Was hoping to see a mountie somewhere to read him the riot act. Def a ticket-able offense.

Hope both dogs made it down and were only tired and shallow wounds; and I hope the majority of those assclowns in that party who were looking confused about the correct decent path stay the fuck out of the mountains from now on.

And this coming from a guy who normally doesn't care for dogs in the woods! This was a terrible sight.