Good Scrambles to practice Simul near Seattle

jared_j

Gonna get on the north ridge of Stuart near the end of the summer, and my partner and we'd like to get on some easy 3rd or 4th class terrain to get our rhythm/systems down.

Any recommendations for such terrain not too far from Seattle (off I-90 corridor or Hwy 2) that isn't a choss-fest and doesn't have too long of an approach? Unpopular would be nice, too. I realize you can't have all 3, but thought I'd see where ya'll cut your teeth doing this.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Das Toof is not bad, though short and harder than you requested.

Most things I know off I90 and 2 are fairly chossy, but some are good training workouts: Red mtn, Chair, Kaleetan, Thompson, Baring.

Wait a few weeks and do some longer, moderate alpine outings that require roping up:

N face Vesper.

W face Stuart.

Don't forget to have fun on the training outings too!

My introduction to simul climbing was being told we were going to do it as we roped up on the col beneath Black Peak NE Ridge. It was one of my first roped climbs. Any learning conditions more sane than that will probably be OK.

Funny thing is, multiple people told me DON'T CLIMB WITH THAT GUY but I went anyway.