Coldplay

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever try yelling "show us yer tits!" in Seattle? Yeah, give that one a shot and see what happens.
images.jpg

Exactly. Some lesbo's gonna bare her saggies, then bludgeon you to death with them.

lesbos don't have tits otherwise they'd like guy, i mean guy's would like them

Once upon a time, there was a world without iPhones, iPods, iTunes...basically, no words began with the letter 'i'. People weren't glued to stupid fucking little electronic trinkets transmitting useless bits of digital diahrea (sp? I should look that up on the web) 24/7, nor could they have, because stupid fucking corporate-speak phrases like '24/7' didn't exist. People hated corporations, because they knew that corporations were the souless, pillaging, raping machines that they really are.

Needless to say, people had a lot more free time to do the few things that were available to them: swim, drink, fuck, and dance poorly (no salsa lessons). They needed music to do this by, and that's where the Allman Brothers came in.

Now, you might say we live in a richer, more varied world. The Daily Show on the internet, belgian barley wines, hand crafted cigarettes. Back then, nobody gave a shit about being hipper than the next person, which is a good thing, because everybody looked like they'd just been winched out of a ditch, which, oftentimes, wasn't too far off. No, back then people used to fuck on the first date, hell, before the first date...in fact, most people never got to the dating stage at all. Life may have been disfunctional, but it was not overly complicated. Basically, the main objective was to have a hell of a good time...and try to survive the following, puke streaked morning. The main objective of today's existence...can anyone tell me what the fuck the point of today's existence is? And there in lies my point. With the Allman Brothers, you always knew where you stood. You didn't have some limp, pasty worm trying to "invoke a feeling" or preach about how difficult his trips to Hollywood have become for him. No, you were either walking down a beautiful country road in the sunshine, probably because your beater ran out of gas, thinking about your beautiful woman, or you were being squirted out of your mama's crotch in the back of a Greyhound rollin' down Highway 41, which, from the sounds of it, isn't exactly a Scenic Byway. Life back then was uninsulated in that way: your brother just got his balls shot off by the Viet Cong, your beer was warm, your jeans were full of holes and grease, and not on purpose, and your beater was out of gas.

The Noah's flood of bullshit of today's "information world" has left us holding a pinky above bullshit-sea level bubbling 'stop' from our pierced, collagened, botoxed lips. Today's is a Comfort Society. It's all about not being exposed to the natural harshness of the universe. The aforementioned bands represent that attempt to overcomplicate what should not be complicated at all. The Allman Brothers represent the other end of that spectrum. Music straight from the heart, the balls, and an empty gas tank. No frills, pure joy, and, occasionally, bad luck.

Hope this helps.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Once upon a time, there was a world without iPhones, iPods, iTunes...basically, no words began with the letter 'i'. People weren't glued to stupid fucking little electronic trinkets transmitting useless bits of digital diahrea (sp? I should look that up on the web) 24/7, nor could they have, because stupid fucking corporate-speak phrases like '24/7' didn't exist. People hated corporations, because they knew that corporations were the souless, pillaging, raping machines that they really are.

Needless to say, people had a lot more free time to do the few things that were available to them: swim, drink, fuck, and dance poorly (no salsa lessons). They needed music to do this by, and that's where the Allman Brothers came in.

Now, you might say we live in a richer, more varied world. The Daily Show on the internet, belgian barley wines, hand crafted cigarettes. Back then, nobody gave a shit about being hipper than the next person, which is a good thing, because everybody looked like they'd just been winched out of a ditch, which, oftentimes, wasn't too far off. No, back then people used to fuck on the first date, hell, before the first date...in fact, most people never got to the dating stage at all. Life may have been disfunctional, but it was not overly complicated. Basically, the main objective was to have a hell of a good time...and try to survive the following, puke streaked morning. The main objective of today's existence...can anyone tell me what the fuck the point of today's existence is? And there in lies my point. With the Allman Brothers, you always knew where you stood. You didn't have some limp, pasty worm trying to "invoke a feeling" or preach about how difficult his trips to Hollywood have become for him. No, you were either walking down a beautiful country road in the sunshine, probably because your beater ran out of gas, thinking about your beautiful woman, or you were being squirted out of your mama's crotch in the back of a Greyhound rollin' down Highway 41, which, from the sounds of it, isn't exactly a Scenic Byway. Life back then was uninsulated in that way: your brother just got his balls shot off by the Viet Cong, your beer was warm, your jeans were full of holes and grease, and not on purpose, and your beater was out of gas.

The Noah's flood of bullshit of today's "information world" has left us holding a pinky above bullshit-sea level bubbling 'stop' from our pierced, collagened, botoxed lips. Today's is a Comfort Society. It's all about not being exposed to the natural harshness of the universe. The aforementioned bands represent that attempt to overcomplicate what should not be complicated at all. The Allman Brothers represent the other end of that spectrum. Music straight from the heart, the balls, and an empty gas tank. No frills, pure joy, and, occasionally, bad luck.

Hope this helps.

7PENBU3lrpE

7PENBU3lrpE

Never went for these guys much. As a Californian, I couldn't really relate to being pissed off because the South lost the Civil War. The Allman Brothers seemed to skip all the Southern Man bullshit and just get down to the timeless folk/country themes. Plus, they didn't overuse the letter 'y' in their band name.

Anyone else notice that DeChristo's gotten a lot dumber and a whole lot more boring and repetitive? Stroke maybe?

Recreation ranting only, but it did serve the purpose of depriving Hugh of some oxygen.

And remember everyone, if you don't like Coldplay, you know nothing about the last four decades of music. Speaking of oxygen deprivation, it's a shame the medics didn't get to DeChristo in time to save his frontal lobe.

Or not.

Edited by tvashtarkatena