When doing something is worse than doing nothing

Fairweather

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for that smoking gun (or mushroom cloud) evidence that I've been a bio-fuels supporter.

Here it is:

...I believe bio fuels would be a great way to reduce our dependence on foreign oil in an environmentally friendly manner. Unfortunately, The Chimp and his corporate cronies stand in the way of this great opportunity to help farmers...

Its a crime how much agricultural production goes to feeding livestock. Eat less meat means more food AND biofuel. Eating even one or two vegetarian dinners a week can make a difference.

I guess normal people like eating meat?

I like eating meat. But apparently America (and Canada) is eating much more than it needs to maintain good health...in fact overconsumption of meat is a risk factor in heart disease and colon cancer.

Be healthier, reduce health care spending, help the food/biofuel issue. Win-win-win. All I'm suggesting is consider it.

That's not a plan. Other than improving fuel efficiency standards--which I agree is a good idea--there is nothing that provides the replacement energy we would need to offset oil. No Nuclear? And he supports expansion of biofuels. Just great. :rolleyes:

At a Glance

* Reduce Carbon Emissions 80 Percent by 2050

* Invest in a Clean Energy Future

* Support Next Generation Biofuels

* Set America on Path to Oil Independence

* Improve Energy Efficiency 50 Percent by 2030

* Restore U.S. Leadership on Climate Change

All I see is talk--nothing that would make a difference. McCain has a real plan that won't have us living in caves.

there is nothing that provides the replacement energy we would need to offset oil.

Nope, there sure isn't. Guess that whole "cancer-cell as survival strategy" that petro-capitalism has provided us will just have to be rethought.