Obama....just another Chicago Politician

Peter_Puget

"worthless fucknut"

That of course would be bush. I can understand voting for someone once if you think they will help achieve your goals too, but bush proved himself incompetent.

No one knows how Kerry would have done. Probably better that bush, maybe not. Same with H. Clinton, or Obama. I would try my bet on any of them than bush or any of his lingering legacy.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in school a teacher told me Americans don't vote for a candidate, they vote against someone else. I realize now the moral is about the candidates, not the electorate.

I have never voted FOR a presidential candidate. And my vote has never mattered anyways, living in "blue" states. Except in '88.

There will be change in the White House. It is inevitable.

To go around declaring change is foolishness. It is like stepping out side in a down poor and exclaiming “it’s raining”.

Obama’s whole campaign is based on stating the obvious; change.

Hey, he is just another Politian just that he is from Chicago.

When I was in school a teacher told me Americans don't vote for a candidate, they vote against someone else. I realize now the moral is about the candidates, not the electorate.

I have never voted FOR a presidential candidate. And my vote has never mattered anyways, living in "blue" states. Except in '88.

The first time I ever voted was in a presidential election a month after I turned 18. I voted *for* a candidate. I was so proud, voting for the first time and all, and I believed in him, and so on. God Bless America, greatest country on earth, the Constitution, liberty, blah blah blah. Boy what a sucker I was.

There will be change in the White House. It is inevitable.

To go around declaring change is foolishness. It is like stepping out side in a down poor and exclaiming “it’s raining”.

Obama’s whole campaign is based on stating the obvious; change.

Sorry, but that's a lame analysis.

Obama is claiming to change our policies in significant ways - foreign and domestic, and claiming he will do more to change these policies than the other two would.

It may be pure sloganeering, or he may mean it. In the case of the latter you could attack the changes he proposes (Iraq, Health Care) or claim he will be unable or unwilling to actually institute them (naivete, reality check).

The first time I ever voted was in a presidential election a month after I turned 18. I voted *for* a candidate. I was so proud, voting for the first time and all, and I believed in him, and so on. God Bless America, greatest country on earth, the Constitution, liberty, blah blah blah. Boy what a sucker I was.

I was very excited to vote for Perot in '92 early in his campaign. Then I realized he was a fucking nut. I've never been excited for any candidate since. Although I did like Jesse "the Body" Ventura's little run. I respect a guy that can piss off both parties and say what he means, even if I disagree with half of it.

Right sir woof. We don't need change. We like $4 gallon gas, continued war in Iraq, devalued dollar, loss of world respect, repealled geneava convention allowing torture, etc etc etc.

You are being foolish or naive.

$4.00/gallon gas is because of a growing global economy. Unlike what happened in the 70's where it oil prices shot up because of artificially created shortage of supply.

Allow the market place to correct the higher costs of Gas, and it will find alternatives.

Continued chasing down the dirty rat bastard! HELL YES! And after Iraq, Iran. When they get the bomb they are going to bomb Israel, they are going to bomb France, they are going to bomb Germany, they are going to bomb the UK, and then they are going to find a long range delivery system and bomb us. Pull your head out of the sand!

The devaluation of the dollar has made it so I get much more money for my exports. The value of the dollar is determined by the supply and demand for that dollar. As other emerging markets develop they will shift demand away from the green back. As the US economy slows those other markets will slow more and international investors will shift make to the green back and strengthen the dollar. The value of the Dollar is only relative. It is a doubled edge sword with both good and bad effects of being weak or strong.

Loss of world respect because we don't kiss ass any more. Now we Kick ASS!

Continued chasing down the dirty rat bastard! HELL YES! And after Iraq, Iran. When they get the bomb they are going to bomb Israel, they are going to bomb France, they are going to bomb Germany, they are going to bomb the UK, and then they are going to find a long range delivery system and bomb us. Pull your head out of the sand!

:rolleyes:

Right sir woof. We don't need change. We like $4 gallon gas, continued war in Iraq, devalued dollar, loss of world respect, repealled geneava convention allowing torture, etc etc etc.

From your perspective, what's the problem with $4/gallon gas, and what would you like the government to do to reduce the price?

From your perspective, what's the problem with $4/gallon gas, and what would you like the government to do to reduce the price?

Yeah, $4 is great news for the libtards. We need HIGHER gas prices to save the planet.

Rah Rah Rah, just like a football game is how you come across. Nothing wrong with defending ourselves, I supported the Afgan military response. We have a great military, capable, motivated, competent. I'm an Army veteran myself. However, we have misquided leadership and do not seem to know when to end a conflict. Bush's "regime change, welcome us like liberators" bullshit is unbelievable.

I was very excited to vote for Perot in '92 early in his campaign. Then I realized he was a fucking nut.

I went to the same prep school as Ross' son. My parents got to know Ross Sr. through the school parent's organization. They thought well of him personally and were a bit taken aback by some of the positions he eventually took up.

NOTHING! Absolutely nothing. Allow the market place to work its magic.

Do I like spending $4? NO! But if that is the market so be it. It will give the opportunity for other cleaner fuels to make it into the distribution.

$4.00/gallon gas is because of a growing global economy. Unlike what happened in the 70's where it oil prices shot up because of artificially created shortage of supply.

Allow the market place to correct the higher costs of Gas, and it will find alternatives.

The devaluation of the dollar has made it so I get much more money for my exports. The value of the dollar is determined by the supply and demand for that dollar. As other emerging markets develop they will shift demand away from the green back. As the US economy slows those other markets will slow more and international investors will shift make to the green back and strengthen the dollar. The value of the Dollar is only relative. It is a doubled edge sword with both good and bad effects of being weak or strong.

WOW! Everything is just going great, isn't it???

Rah Rah Rah, just like a football game is how you come across. Nothing wrong with defending ourselves, I supported the Afgan military response. We have a great military, capable, motivated, competent. I'm an Army veteran myself. However, we have misquided leadership and do not seem to know when to end a conflict. Bush's "regime change, welcome us like liberators" bullshit is unbelievable.

Were you there in Iraq?

I was very excited to vote for Perot in '92 early in his campaign. Then I realized he was a fucking nut.

I went to the same prep school as Ross' son. My parents got to know Ross Sr. through the school parent's organization. They thought well of him personally and were a bit taken aback by some of the positions he eventually took up.

I was referring to his stunt of pulling out of the election when he was on the verge of winning, claiming his family had been "threatened" by the R's, and then jump back when he was sure to lose but still spoil the race.

WOW! Everything is just going great, isn't it???

For me it is! :moondance:

Edited by sirwoofalot

I think we will adjust to $4 gas if only it would stay that low. It is anticipated to rise.

Bush's support of "exporting" jobs to third world countries has contributed to their increase in oil consumption. Does this sound a bit selfish? maybe, but we do have to look out for number one.

It has been debated that rising investing in oil has caused artificial increases in cost, just like with the dot com industry years ago and the housing market not so long ago.

Bush's involvement in an unpopular middle east war has not set well with other arab leaders and OPEC.

THere are lots of reasons for increased oil prices, and a responsive government could in fact help lower those costs.

Hey, as long as the domocrates are frustrated I am happy! :battlecage:

At least the truth comes out.

I have never hidden from the truth about my political ideas.

I am a FAR right republican. I am so far right, I might be miss understood as an extremely left hippy.

Edited by sirwoofalot