• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
wayne

The World will end this August!

Actually I believe there's a few Russian folks hunkering down in caves right now. They claim the end of the world is this month and god wants them to pass judgement on all of us.

Don't make any big plans for next month

are you sure? i've taken some falls on some of it. you might die next.

i was supposed to be in the NW in august, guess i won't be able to catch a pub club.

i got more gear than bill coe, i'm looking for cheap thrills until the shit house goes up in flames.

well they didn't say when in August the world was coming to end. you could still make it to the NW for a PC. i'm sure someone would show up to have beer w/you

When are those tax rebates supposed to arrive? With my luck, they'll probably show up in September . . . :(

[:nurd:]That's hilarious! The author states that some string theories predict black hole formation at the LHC but that Hawking radiation is unproven. Not one shred of new physics has come from string theory but more can be said of the work of Hawking. He then jumps to the assumption that the black holes will be formed and that they won't radiate.

Some new physics had better come out of the LHC or some heads will roll. It's a multi billion dollar industry so there's some serious pressure to achieve some results. Down with the Standard Model! [/:nurd:]

So, um, higher energy collisions occur all the time when cosmic rays hit the lunar surface. No permanent black holes up there, just helium-3. Go figure.