Mountain Biking

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For cross country/trail riding, Tiger Mtn (off summit of Hwy 18) is the best spot locally. Unfortunately, it's wet as hell there until like June-ish. Prolly closed to bikes right now too (I think it usually opens in May). There are some great trails up there with enough climbing to cobble together a decent variety of loop rides.

Someone was telling me of a new mountain bike trail system being developed near the Seattle area (well, I'm pretty sure its on the Eastside). It was supposed to be signficant (bigger than the lil areas like Tapeworm or St. Edwards). Anyone have the scoop on that?

My little brother went to a place called "The Colonnades" this past Sunday--somewhere in Seattle. Told me it was Mtb's only, but more obstacle/trick/technical riding.

• 4 weeks later...

Dood in south seatac near you there is some xc riding somewhat limited though. I used to go there for jumping.

So are you riding your old rig or did you get something new?

I was always surprised on the lack of local riding in and around the Seattle area given that there is such a hugh cycling community there. For the best mountain biking ever, you should come out here, this place has it all. It is definitely mountain biking heaven.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ahh they are killin' it! The oldest did ok this weekend at the PNW regionals...he's in the 11&under as an 8 year old...he will OWN that category when he's 11 based on how well he's doing now...

the middle one is following in his older brother's steps...

the baby is the most headstrong of the 3...

How's yours faring? You must miss the little one something fierce...honestly don't know how you do it...i couldn't...

Take care man...shoot me a pm when you are back stateside...

Any idea where I can find 'natural' not man-made crap, 'single track', and I love technical single track xc (cross country) mountain bike rides.

The same as 'Wales', U.K, type of tracks is what I mean, and what I most want again; and I don't mind driving as far as Seattle if need be, intermittently for it, if that is where it is mostly at.

Edited by climbinggal

Any idea where I can find 'natural' not man-made crap, 'single track', and I love technical single track xc (cross country) mountain bike rides.

The same as 'Wales', U.K, type of tracks is what I mean, and what I most want again; and I don't mind driving as far as Seattle if need be, intermittently for it, if that is where it is mostly at.

If you're in Vancouver your best bet is probably Squamish.