political correctness

Gary_Yngve

Once in China while setting up for a trade show I was witness to the most amazing sight.

About 25 Chinese were fabricating a stand to hold a television that would be running a video tape.

As they were lifting up the stand for oh about the 6 or 7 th time, and watching someone stabilizing the TV as it was being lifted, a college leaned over and whispered in my ear, “and hence the word Chinese Fire Drill”.

I laughed until I cried.

The stand went up, the TV stayed in place this time; they looked over at me laughing hysterically and all started to laugh.

Oh, I know Chinese Fire Drill. And you, sir, are no Chinese Fire Drill.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

teehee, this is funny stuff.

my girlfriend criticized me for the chinese fire drill comment when i witnessed one in a traffic jam on 520 and she said it was culturally insensitive.

Step A: Get yourself a new girlfriend...pronto! You think she's going to ever stop policing your speech? No. It will only get worse. If it hasn't started already, she'll soon be monitoring your "tone". And this is her BEST behavior which she'll quickly drop about three days after the wedding. Dude! Run for the woods!

a-borat3.jpg