to the christians

lI1|1!

With climbing- if you focus on what's right in front of you at the moment, the top of the climb doesn't exist. You have no expectation of sending. That's the mindset that gets you to the anchors. Not 'trust' or 'faith'

I'm going to have to semantically dissagree from a personal standpoint; trusting yourself; that you have what it takes to complete a route, is very often the difference between execution and a pass. Training gives you something concrete upon which to place that trust.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd say it is weaker to NEED proof in order to trust or believe.

funny i always felt just the opposite. that it was easier not to demand an explanation. i always viewed it as the weaker choice.

It has always seemed to me that religion and faith were for those that needed a security blanket. “hey if I screw up this time around, there’s a second chance in the afterlife” or “if I’m really good, I’ll get to go to heaven” not “I’ll be a good human cuz that’s just the right thing to do”

Seems like it’s harder to make the tough choices if there’s no carrot out there for you or no threat of eternal damnation. I respect those that can make the tough choice b/c it’s the right choice w/o having religious beliefs acting as a carrot or a stick

great place to find climbing partners

Kind of scary 4 of them child rapers right around my house. Touch my kids and I will cut there nuts off.

seahawks, i think that qualifies as WRATH.

Yes if they touch my kids I would loose control and It probably would be wrong and come out as wrath.

I'm going to have to semantically dissagree from a personal standpoint; trusting yourself; that you have what it takes to complete a route, is very often the difference between execution and a pass. Training gives you something concrete upon which to place that trust.

I have to ask: are there two of you? Who is this entity that is trusting? Is there a separation between the truster and the trusted? Duality would be a distraction and a waste of energy, no?

the problem is, that people make up their own rules of right and wrong. relativism ring a bell.

if we make up our own rules - then there is no discipline.

discipline is strength

Everyone must make their own rules through behavior, higher power or not. Discipline is a choice: it has nothing to do with God one way or the other.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

the problem is, that people make up their own rules of right and wrong. relativism ring a bell.

if we make up our own rules - then there is no discipline.

discipline is strength

Everyone must make their own rules through behavior, higher power or not. Discipline is a choice: it has nothing to do with God one way or the other.

all things are relative. i believe killing is wrong, but i'm sure there are circumstances that could lead me to kill someone.

I have to ask: are there two of you? Who is this entity that is trusting? Is there a separation between the truster and the trusted? Duality would be a distraction and a waste of energy, no?

There are probably more than two. One to be afraid, one to doubt, one to believe, one to appreciate the beauty....

I constantly converse with myself on more difficult terrain. Works for me.

Gays are mostly that way due to genetics. The church is behind the times scientifically but they will adapt. Anything that changes rapidly, cannot withstand the erosion of time. We are in a particularly fast changing period and the old ways seem too slow to change. They will.

AFAIK, this is not known to be true. It's an idea people are studying, and the mere fact that scientists are studying it has led many to believe it's true. Believe me, we'll all know when they find "the gay gene." Can you imagine the media frenzy? "How could God make people gay and then condemn them for how he made them?"

Last I heard, it's not genetic, but could very well be tied to the mothers chemistry during pregnancy affecting infant development. Didn't some statistic pop out a couple of years ago that 90% of gay men had older brothers, compared to 20% of the general population?

Almost certainly not genetic, but quite possibly biological.