to the christians

lI1|1!

11th Commandment of :pagetop: : Thou shalt pose as a plain-clothes preacher at the Palamino Club in Bellevue, have on-site sex with the spouse of a Republican, then dump her/him in the parking lot like a used condom. Thou shalt receive extra credit for Muslims, but not for Christians because they are too easy, especially Mormons. Special credit may be available for other religions, for the sake of intercultural tolerance, and because it's the right thing to do. See your local Catholic for details.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And not to split hairs, but Jews did not dislike Christ. He is simply not the Messiah to them.

I think the Jews crusified him last time I read the bible. Jesus said when ask who he was "I am" Which to the Jews meant that he was saying he was God. After that they wanted him Dead.

Physically the Romans hung him, but at the request of the Jews.

Edited by Seahawks

Not accurate. You don't conspire to kill somebody who is simply not who you were looking for. You kill somebody who exposes your hypocrisy in an effort to keep your dishonesty hidden.

As to the original post... I agree with the above post that it's quite hypocritical to address me as a Christian and then speak to my values assuming they are exactly the same as the rest of mainstream protestantism.

In my view, someone is only "Christian" in so far as how their ideas and actions reflect those of Christ.

With this criteria applied, little about the modern church, our nation, or many self-professed or born-again evangelicals (and their political positions) is particularly Christian.

To me, the original poster's message is fairly "Christian" in how closely it resembles the admonition of Jesus to "Remove the stick from your own eye, before picking out the splinter of another."

I'd suggest that christians who seek to convert others to their political or religious persuasion via arguments and name-calling would better serve their purpose by keeping fingers off the keyboard all together.

Do I think abortions are OK? No. Do I think they should be illegal? Some of them

its called education..making things illegal does not make them go away..

but I think you know that

We are in a particularly fast changing period and the old ways seem too slow to change. They will.

The Jews killed Jesus because they were the chosen people.

Christians still honor Jews as the chosen people by canonizing the Old Testament. It is my understanding that it had to be God's chosen people because if they couldn't get it right, then no one else could be expected to get it right.

Or in other words, we all would have done the same thing.

jmace, I opened my original post with a prop for education plus some other reforms. Laws definately should be a last resort.

No, God killed Jesus, to cleanse humanity's sin through the sacrificial blood of his only son.

But Jesus and God are the same (holy trinity, blah blah), so really, God killed himself.

Suicide leads to hell, but hell is the absense of God. When God arrived in hell, both must have been destroyed (sort of like matter/anti-matter).

So live it up, fuckers.

No, God killed Jesus, to cleanse humanity's sin through the sacrificial blood of his only son.

But Jesus and God are the same (holy trinity, blah blah), so really, God killed himself.

Suicide leads to hell, but hell is the absense of God. When God arrived in hell, both must have been destroyed (sort of like matter/anti-matter).

So live it up, fuckers.

Bible doesn't say Jesus went to Hell. And hell isn't the absence of God.

Matthew 25:41

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

When you say "The Jews killed Jesus" you exculpate the Romans who nailed him to the cross.

Why do those damn Romans hate Christianity so much?

Pilate tried to rid himself of the matter by offering the choice to the Jews to let one criminal go free. It was the Jews who chose to free a murderer rather than Jesus.

But to answer your direct question regardless of it's intent, The Romans thought that Christianity was a renegade sect of judaism and they feared another rebellion. They would have gladly killed Jesus if they thought he was a potent political threat. They balanced that against the prospect of creating a martyr and tried to free him thinking his own would kill him soon enough.