Our senators, hard at work

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to be that all our senators did was take a few harmless bribes. Somehow along the way, some fucking idiot came up with the idea of the 'hard working senator'; now they do maximum damage as many hours a day as they can remain awake, which means the rest of us will have to work 3 times as hard to undo or just survive the damage they do.

Thanks, senators.

Fucking pricks.

Maybe you should try appointing them, instead of electing them. That way they don't feel they have to show they've "earned" their position, and they quickly go to sleep. Works like a charm up here.

And I think the Public Works Department pipes CO2 into the Red chamber. Not enough to knock them out or kill them: just enough to ensure a nice dozy stupor.

You sure gotta wonder what is the point of having an opposition party if they won't oppose the party in power. They not only rubberstamped the Bush Admin's clear violation of the Constitution, they sent a strong message to those that helped with this that we really don't care.

I'm still waiting for somebody - anybody - to make a compelling case that any of this has actually done us any good. It'd be one thing if I thought that the sacrifice of civil rights and freedom from government intrusion was actually making us safer - we could then have an argument over whether it is worth it. But here it seems a bunch of politicians just want to appear "tough on terror" without putting any real substance into such an effort and they are willing to shred the Constitution in order to do it.

You sure gotta wonder what is the point of having an opposition party if they won't oppose the party in power.

There are a few who do, Mr P. I may have my issues with Jim McDermott, but he's from our state, from my congressional district, and he's my fucking Congressman. He said NO!

I saw him at an event a few months after. He looked beat up... actually, he got beat up at our event. I felt bad. As he walked out to his car, I stopped him on the sidewalk, shook his hand and thanked him for doing the right thing. He's one of the few who did.

I agree with you, Toast, that there is the occasional maverick or in some cases maybe the opportunistic politician who figures out that a vote against the status quo will win them points in their home district. But really: the Democrats said that if we elected them to majority status they'd clean up Washington and restore honor and independence to our nation's capitol. This has not happened.

You sure gotta wonder what is the point of having an opposition party if they won't oppose the party in power. They not only rubberstamped the Bush Admin's clear violation of the Constitution, they sent a strong message to those that helped with this that we really don't care.

Perhaps they opposed it to get re-elected, but in actuality, believe that(and think it's not a violation of the Constitution) what the president is doing is right. Just a thought.