Hyalite window spray

Z-Man

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gave me a good laugh at the end of a tiring day John. It was almost a shame we had to wipe it clean so we could see out the rear window, wanted to keep it to see what the locals would make of it. We didn't climb anything of note, I was just wondering who the artist was. Maybe I'll see you there next year.

• 3 weeks later...
You can see me this year if you plan a trip to Cody!

Seriously... this is thee year to make a trip to Cody... so many routes are in (some of them unclimbed)... powderhound snagged an FA last weekend...

About time I posted this:

Right before I started my graduate school I was blessed to with my first FA in Cody, WY.

Gift of Time WI5 85m

This route is located on the face lookers right of the Main Vein Drainage about 800 feet up and a 1000 feet over lookers right on a large ledge.

Approach: Climb Main Vein, head up drainage 800 or so feet to the second big ledge on climbers left. traverse around the front for a 1000 feet or so until you come to the climb. Watch out for avy pockets, we let one slid and it is several thousand feet to the bottom.

Starting the Traverse

traverse.JPG

The route in the background: two pitchs

giftoftime.JPG

Sam M. on a stout and impressive lead

sam.JPG

Me Following the first pitch

bryan.JPG

the second pitch was a 45m WI3+ and by that point we figured we were less then a half an hour hike to the top of the ridge. Maybe 3500 vertical feet gain over the day from car to car. We go to the top of the Main Vein headwall pitch just as it was time to turn on the headlamps.

Edited by powderhound