sirwoofalot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I went to the internet and found this:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/hangover.htm

they have a page on facts and fiction.

After reading through it I realize I did NOTHING on the prevetion side. In fact I actually did the oposite of what I should have been doing.

so I just got back from lunch which consited of a oily and salty burger, (no eggs abailable) and a bottel of gatorade. Then 15 min power nap and I am starting to feel better. Bummer on NYE as well. I am the DD tonight.

After reading through it I realize I did NOTHING on the prevetion side. In fact I actually did the oposite of what I should have been doing.

so I just got back from lunch which consited of a oily and salty burger, (no eggs abailable) and a bottel of gatorade. Then 15 min power nap and I am starting to feel better. Bummer on NYE as well. I am the DD tonight.

mostly good article, although the advice that gin is a good choice is bogus. the herbal extracts (esp. juniper berries) will screw you up big time - not a good drink to get drunk on.

did you have a high quality vodka or cheap shit like Monarch? best to pay more and suffer less (KetelOne is a good choice)

Maybe too little to late on this hangover, but what has worked great for me is taking 2 advil and some alka selzer BEFORE YOU GO TO BED. So long as you don't throw it up, it does wonders the next morning. Also, lots and lots of water, especially BEFORE you go to bed. Day of the hangover, lots of gatoraid and again the advil cant hurt.

mostly good article, although the advice that gin is a good choice is bogus. the herbal extracts (esp. juniper berries) will screw you up big time - not a good drink to get drunk on.

did you have a high quality vodka or cheap shit like Monarch? best to pay more and suffer less (KetelOne is a good choice)

I can only drik Top Shelf. Can't stand the gut rot. Chopin. Potato Vodka. Oh so goooood. No after bite. 4 x.

I can only drik Top Shelf. Can't stand the gut rot. Chopin. Potato Vodka. Oh so goooood. No after bite. 4 x.

Good man. For top shelf, I like Grey Goose. Never really have more than 4 drinks these days though, so the hangover facts are from memory...

Actually I had only one martini last night.

But it was on an empty stumach and I think I was a little dehydrated, I did not drink some water or asprin before bed.

After I got up it was black coffee and rolled oats for Breakfast, and off to work for the first time in a week.

I did not start drinking water untill the late morning.

Everything I could do wrong I did wrong. NEVER AGAIN!

I like Gray Goose. It is my second choice after chopin.

Actually I had only one martini last night.

But it was on an empty stumach and I think I was a little dehydrated, I did not drink some water or asprin before bed.

After I got up it was black coffee and rolled oats for Breakfast, and off to work for the first time in a week.

I did not start drinking water untill the late morning.

Everything I could do wrong I did wrong. NEVER AGAIN!

I like Gray Goose. It is my second choice after chopin.

Well, not all drinks are one "drink"... a "drink" is a 12 oz beer, or a 1.25 oz of 80 proof shot/mixed drink. A martini can be easily 2 or more drinks depending on how big it is. :-)