Interning?

vagrant

So on the cascade alpine guides website, on the employment page, it says that they take interns on a case by case basis. Has anybody here ever interned with cascade alpine guides, or is with cascade alpine guides and could tell me more about this? Sounds like something I'd really like to do. I'm a poor rock climber who can't afford to take a mountaineering course :) but it would be awesome if I could be a sort of working student, or intern.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a poor rock climber

Not meaning to poke fun at another's financial plight, but is there any other kind of rock climber? :laf:

Seriously, though, that does sound like a cool way to get some mileage and knowledge under your belt. Keep us posted if anything comes of it for you.

Internships opened doors for me to all sorts of adventures around the world(working at youth camps, etc), experiences and places I could have never afforded otherwise. It's definitely a route worth investigating if you aren't tied down with family and pets and an affinity for paychecks.

Good luck, V! :tup:

I was a college student but chose to take time off now and then to check out other ways of life. I went to AK for a 6 month stay and fished commercially. I went to Yosemite Park and worked in the concession stands. I learned how to land survey and got jobs as a rod man in many places, LA, SF, MT, ID. That also helped me get through college since my parents were not able to help out.

Don't close your options. Definately make finishing school a goal but don't necessarily let it dominate your every activity.

And through it all, I climbed. Oh yeah, after highschool I went to Colorado and climbed using the proceeds I had saved from swamping a rat-hole at night. Boy, talk about options........