Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

wow, that explains everything.

thanks,

Not really. It is just a pnemonic device designed to recall the sense of belonging people feel when they are with other like-minded people. These devices are common in all traditions.

For example, at ropeup we refer to well known threads and on line we refer to things that happened at rope up.

In both places we have doubts and questions that will always recur.

The next step for Christians is to truely step beyond the Bible as Jesus instructed. This will be the ultimate test of faith.

We are not ready.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're quickly catching up to kevbone

HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT? He surpased me long ago.....

I go to bed last night and 3 pages go by in the night.....jeez.....stop already.

Rest easy there. Your banality is insurpassable.

Minx was just caught up in the moment.

I had just compared her to choclate mousse and she was fighting the urge to ask me out.

no bug, i really really mean it. you're now in kevbone's league...trite and inane. at least kevbone is perky. the day the urge to ask you out hits me is the day i start believing in god.

happy solstice to ya!

He never bothered to explain how his group was going to assist other climbers who might be hurt on the mountain. I mean what kind of medical expertise does his group bring to Denali?

We shanghai'd his post for partners into Spray and totally sucked him into a world we created with our rules and our social norms, castigated him brutally, mocked him, and asked a multitude of questions for which there are no easy answers.

FYI, He did answer your question. You just didn't have his courage and go out to his home site to see what that answer is so you could discuss it on anything but your safe terms here on cc.com.

Also he never addressed the coolest expedition ever done hundreds of years ago by Dante with an angel for a guide. :rocken:

inferno-lakehead.jpg

Now that stuff is cool.

Evolution is a bad theory that got a lot of hype in the 1925 scopes trial, where some putz didn't know how to defend himself, and all the evidence the evolutionist teacher used is now debunk. Many are still trying to keep it alive, while everybody else in the world is figuring this theory is no longer holding water...

Bad theory???.....dude...evolution is just as much of a proven fact as theology is....which should tell you something.....you cannot prove God exsists anymore than I can prove we came from apes....Its all about what you believe to be true. I believe in evolution. It makes more sense to me.

Organized religion these days seems more for the money making aspect of it more than any other thing it brings to the table.

In the end.....if it does not hurt anyone else and it brings peace unto you.......so be it.....enjoy.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PREACH IT TO ME. I HAD ENOUGH OF IT GROWNING UP.

:wave:

Have to admit Kevbone you have more of a brain than half the people here. It is a beleif system. It also a religion, huminism.

you're quickly catching up to kevbone

HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT? He surpased me long ago.....

I go to bed last night and 3 pages go by in the night.....jeez.....stop already.

Rest easy there. Your banality is insurpassable.

Minx was just caught up in the moment.

I had just compared her to choclate mousse and she was fighting the urge to ask me out.

no bug, i really really mean it. you're now in kevbone's league...trite and inane. at least kevbone is perky. the day the urge to ask you out hits me is the day i start believing in god.

happy solstice to ya!

It's a fine line between love and hate.

I enjoy your attentions.

Tvash, (for example) argues and criticizes withoug being brutally abusive.

He's also way cooler, smarter, funnier, and better looking.

Would you guys stop with the human tail and exploded babies photos already? Talk about a conversation killer. These kinds of birth defects don't even speak to the subject. A cave dwelling fish with vestigial, non-functioning eyes would provide a better, more palatable bit of evidence against intelligent design. The best example I've seen is the bacterial flagellum, which used to be the flagship argument FOR intelligent design because it constituted a perfect little biomechanical rotary motor that wouldn't work if any piece was missing. Well, this sounded fine, until the bacteria that causes plague was examined. It has the exact design, with pieces missing. Surprise! It's a stationary injection needle, not a rotary propeller. Examples of this kind of progressive evolution of related features which serve a wide variety of functions (or sometimes none at all, like our own appendix and, for some, their cerebral cortex), abound in nature. A mating feature becomes a heat fin becomes a wing.

It's funny that some Christians need to think of God and the world in simple terms a 3 year old would be comfortable with. On the fourth day God opened a big box and all the horsies walked out, fresh from the God factory, and all that. How boring and stupid...in other words, how human.

Now a God that creates evolution, a few simple rules that turn the tide of the 2nd law of thermodynamics by eating energy and spitting out ever greater creations of intricacy, interdependence, and uniqueness from just a handful of simple atoms...that's the deepest kind of beauty.

If you believe in God, which universe would you prefer to believe in: The 3 year old's Paint By Numbers universe of the Biblical literalists or the evolving universe of Cro Magnon cave paintings, Michealangelo, and Magritte where there are an infinity of mysteries yet to be discoverd?

If, in fact, I'm just God's hamster, I'd choose the larger, more interesting cage. After all, no matter what you believe, at some point, you choose to believe it because it somehow suits you. Belief is always a choice.

who created god?

Islam has a story about that. Islam is based on the Old Testament and acknowledges Jesus as an important prophet by the way.

Anyway, the story goes something like this......

From the eternity of nothingness there was but one minute dot completely alone. There was nothing else in all of eternity.

This dot though alone forever saw its own loneliness and longed for companionship. After long eons of longing it could stand it no longer and burst forth in love for a world with which to exist. This bursting forth was aleph (a long single stroke in the arabic script and the first letter of their alphabet which carries all the connotations of the Greek Alpha), the pen by which the story of the world was written.......

So that answers your question.

No one created God, or Allah. He always was. Just as you cannot comprehend the infinty of space.

who created god?

Better question is how does something come from nothing??? It can't. Basic law of the universe. So explain that evolution boy.

Better yet would be to explain how you have not gotten banned yet? Or how you came to this little computer world in the first place?

who created god?

Better question is how does something come from nothing??? It can't. Basic law of the universe. So explain that evolution boy.

Better yet would be to explain how you have not gotten banned yet? Or how you came to this little computer world in the first place?

kevbone, b/c unlike seahawk's christian god that got all pissy when adam and eve fucked, i am a benevolent moderator and so are the others. who says there's only one god?

btw tvash, that was some excellent flowery prose.

Edited by minx

Tvash, (for example) argues and criticizes withoug being brutally abusive.

He's also way cooler, smarter, funnier, and better looking.

Would you guys stop with the human tail and exploded babies photos already? Talk about a conversation killer. These kinds of birth defects don't even speak to the subject. A cave dwelling fish with vestigial, non-functioning eyes would provide a better, more palatable bit of evidence against intelligent design. The best example I've seen is the bacterial flagellum, which used to be the flagship argument FOR intelligent design because it constituted a perfect little biomechanical rotary motor that wouldn't work if any piece was missing. Well, this sounded fine, until the bacteria that causes plague was examined. It has the exact design, with pieces missing. Surprise! It's a stationary injection needle, not a rotary propeller. Examples of this kind of progressive evolution of related features which serve a wide variety of functions (or sometimes none at all, like our own appendix and, for some, their cerebral cortex), abound in nature. A mating feature becomes a heat fin becomes a wing.

It's funny that some Christians need to think of God and the world in simple terms a 3 year old would be comfortable with. On the fourth day God opened a big box and all the horsies walked out, fresh from the God factory, and all that. How boring and stupid...in other words, how human.

Now a God that creates evolution, a few simple rules that turn the tide of the 2nd law of thermodynamics by eating energy and spitting out ever greater creations of intricacy, interdependence, and uniqueness from just a handful of simple atoms...that's the deepest kind of beauty.

If you believe in God, which universe would you prefer to believe in: The 3 year old's Paint By Numbers universe of the Biblical literalists or the evolving universe of Cro Magnon cave paintings, Michealangelo, and Magritte where there are an infinity of mysteries yet to be discoverd?

If, in fact, I'm just God's hamster, I'd choose the larger, more interesting cage. After all, no matter what you believe, at some point, you choose to believe it because it somehow suits you. Belief is always a choice.

You are on to something there.

Why would God give us a free will? So that he could have a real relationship with us. He did not "design" us so he could play with a GI Joe action figure. So it would seem to follow that evolution would be a result of some expression of free will. But you cannot explain this to the masses over eons and have it comfort and trigger emotions in predictable ways.

But you cannot explain this to the masses over eons and have it comfort and trigger emotions in predictable ways.

Oh wait. So your holy books contain LIES? How can you tell which parts are true and which parts are not? Is it the same way you can tell that the voices in your head telling you to go on a shooting spree are angels and not hallucinations?

Bug, quit being such an apologist, at least for me. Apologize for yourself if you feel the need, but not for the rest of us. And quit asking a married woman out, even though her supple lips gently unfold like gentian pedals to kiss the dawn of summer's last morning.

:hcluv: