Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tvash, you come up with some really good points at times and I really like seeing you post on a regular basis but you seem to be on a roll here. Downhill that is.

You need to be telling all this stuff to an Ex-Catholic support group or something. Even scientists would be embarrassed by your posts.

Evilution is not fact. It is not proven. But I still beleive it happened. Don't blow it for me. Stop posting until you sober up a bit.

I just explained to the Mongoloid that evolution, like all science, is a tested theory supported by facts. Theories are not facts, they are supported by factual evidence until such evidence proves them in error. Evolution is still waiting for that to happen...ever.

Catch up before you spew, buddy. I hate repeating myself.

PS: I don't drink.

Nova did an excellent program on the court case, which actually happened in a real court room with a real judge and everything. I didn't pull the quote from the Nova program, but that doesn't really matter, does it?

The Intelligent Design folks showed up to a gunfight with a pair of kindergarten scissors, and appropriately got their sorry asses kicked by the ACLU.

Dumbass.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Facts support theories, you twit. A fossil is a fact. Facts are minor events which support the theory. The theory is the Big Idea. Evolution, and every other bit of science out there, is a theory supported by factual evidence. And evolution is the most successfully tested theory in all of science. Jesus, who slipped you through through grade school?

successful theory lol ever hear of the Nebraska man? A whole missing link made up by you evolutionist to support your theores to be found out year later to be a pigs tooth. And yes this was taugh in text books as fact. Bunch of fricking liers.

fact:

Piltdown. Almost everyone now knows that Piltdown Man was a deliberate hoax. But for over 40 years, from 1912 until the 1950's, the subtle message of scientific authority was clear: "You can believe in creation if you want to, but the facts are all on the side of evolution." The facts in this case turned out to be an ape's jaw with its teeth filed and a human skull, both stained to make them look older

No surprises here. You're golden, everyone else is fucked. But that's not YOUR intolerance, it's God's, right? Blame it on the boss. Right.

I like how you avoid what I wrote, that JESUS said He is THE only way to Heaven,...

If God wrote it, then He's the one you need to deal with, not me. (I don't know if you have been reading these threads at all, but my responsibility is to point the way, and that means to the Word, the Bible), so take it up with Him.

So your argument against the entire discipline of science is that because certain theories were proven false, and at times data has been falsified, the entire discipline is untrustworthy?

Evolution simply represents the most plausible theory available. It isn't a closed form solution like the answer to a math problem. Certain aspects of the current theory are missing, and others are likely wrong, but until presented with more plausible alternatives, it is the best we have. If we waited for absolute confirmation of all scientific theories, it would effectively relinquish our society back to the stone age (which apparently you think didnt exist?)

All you guys talking about monkeys to prove evolution. Definitely not enough, just go to Africa, where they found mostly all those monkey fossils/bones, and realize, wow,... monkeys still live in Africa. There is a junkyard of fossils there. Does it prove evolution, no. Then what does?....What proves evolution? We need facts that SHOW evolution to be true. In science, we are taught that evolution is still a theory, in college, even my philosophy of Science class classifies evolution as Theory. It's not fact. It's not verifiable. In order for something to be fact, it has to be verifiable and tested verifiable. You can't test it in a lab. You can't do experiments. All you can do "scientifically" is call it a theory.

So your argument against the entire discipline of science is that because certain theories were proven false, and at times data has been falsified, the entire discipline is untrustworthy?

Evolution simply represents the most plausible theory available. It isn't a closed form solution like the answer to a math problem. Certain aspects of the current theory are missing, and others are likely wrong, but until presented with more plausible alternatives, it is the best we have. If we waited for absolute confirmation of all scientific theories, it would effectively relinquish our society back to the stone age (which apparently you think didnt exist?)

It only the most plausable to you becuase you dismiss God. There is no God so therefor Creation cann't exist and anthing that even remotely support it is thrown out.

God created structure to this world with science. Of course I beleive in real science. I do not give creadance to a reiligion of huminism, Evolution. It is not proven and I don't think ever will be. Not one specious even with all the real science we have today has been linked to another. Alot of people don't want to beleive there is a God so what other choice is there. To accept would be to have to admit responsibilty to something else and most people like control of there own lives. Fine I'm cool with that. But don't shove it down my throat and say its a fact when it is not a fact. TV statement that it FACT shows how blinded he is. Have him calulate how far the moon moves from the earth each year and go back in time before everything is thrown off. Creation can not be proved and neither can evolution.

Edited by Seahawks

how would you feel if i pointed your children in the direction of satan himself?

jesus died for what he believed was a good cause, but so have many people through out the history of time. what makes jesus so different when the outcome (death) was the same. i have a hard time believing he needs us to placate his actions.

Are you calling yourself a child? I'm going to Denali for crying out loud, not the local kindergarten.

were gods children, right ;)

i speak of your kids. you don't want people putting weird shite in your kids heads, right. :tup:

in a way, we are a bunch of kids. your going up to go play around on a mountain with a bunch of toys (ropes, tents, crampons, etc.) and i hope you have fun doing so. and yes i do understand the seriousness of your endeavor and wish you the best of luck and safe passage. :wave:

Edited by pink

However, with that epistemology, science is stuck, trapped, because it can only prove what it can test and touch. When God comes in the picture it all makes sense. He's the designer, and we're the design. Simple.

Evolution is a bad theory that got a lot of hype in the 1925 scopes trial, where some putz didn't know how to defend himself, and all the evidence the evolutionist teacher used is now debunk. Many are still trying to keep it alive, while everybody else in the world is figuring this theory is no longer holding water...

Evolutionist theories are getting so bad that alot of them are turning to space to explain life. Life here through real science is getting tougher to explain. So alot of them are looking to space for the answer to life.

If evolution were true, every square foot of the earth's surface would teem with conclusive proof of change. The entire absence of proof is the strongest possible proof that evolution is a myth

Edited by Seahawks

denali is in AMERICA...there are christians all over the place

IT IS CALLED MOUNT MCKINLEY. MT MCKINLEY RESIDES WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF DENALI NATIONAL PARK. JAMESTOWN, MASS BAY CO, AND PLYMOTH WERE ALL FOUNDED BY PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN CAPITALISTS. PROTESTANTISM LENDS ITSELF TO CAPITALISM. CATHOLOCISM LENDS TO FEUDALISM. ATHEISM LENDS ITSELF TO COLLECTIVISM. IT IS STILL CALLED MOUNT MCKINLEY. WE BOUGHT ALASKA CHEAP FROM THE RUSKIES AND FUCKED OVER THE INUIT, TLINGIT, AND OTHER NATIVE PEOPLES THERE, AND WE RENAMED A FEW MOUNTAINS TOO. THE MOUNTAINS DON'T CARE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ALIVE. THE NATIVES NEVER CLIMBED THE MOUNTAINS WE LIKE NOW. WHEN OUR STAR IS FUSING HELIUM AND CARBON IN ITS CORE WE WILL BE LONG GONE - BURNED TO CRISPY CRITS. EVEN IF WE MANAGE TO BRANCH OUT THE UNIVERSE WILL EITHER CONTRACT BACK INTO A SINGULARITY OR JUST COOL OFF INTO DARKNESS - WE ARE FUCKED EITHER WAY. NOT EVEN DUST TO REMEMBER WE WERE ONCE HERE. UNLESS THERE IS A UNIVERSAL GOVERNING CONSCIOUSNESS. GOD.

Where do you draw the line between acceptable science and unacceptable science? What if the science that might seem religiously benign today eventually leads to conlcusions that support the non-existance of god? Does that science get moved to the black list of invalid or unacceptable science?

What if life is dicovered in space? Does that nullify the current creationist theory?

What about human cloning?

I'm not sure if/why you're asking me, but here you go:

Peer Review, method, and the validity of skepticism.

Then I would likely accept it. Most would not.

Not with me.

Do they $ have a patent $ on their propul$ion technology$?

No.

Probably not a good idea. Religion does not hold the patent on morality.

Edited by Fairweather

Where do you draw the line between acceptable science and unacceptable science? What if the science that might seem religiously benign today eventually leads to conlcusions that support the non-existance of god? Does that science get moved to the black list of invalid or unacceptable science?

What if life is dicovered in space? Does that nullify the current creationist theory?

What about human cloning?

I could ask the same question what if all evidence pointed to creation, would you beleive? Would you black list it like so many others? It not been disproven but people black black list it.

I think there could be life in space. If God made it here he could have made it somewhere else. Its possible.

What about human cloning?? Human have become smart enough to use the building blocks God created. We can't create it but we can manipulate and use it. I think we need to be careful or run the risk of Hilter and the master race.

I could ask the same question what if all evidence pointed to creation, would you beleive? Would you black list it like so many others? It not been disproven but people black black list it.

I hope that I would, but I am honest enough with myself to admit that it would be very difficult. I do honestly believe though, that science will continue its current trend towards dispelling most dominant religious theories.

Evolution is a bad theory that got a lot of hype in the 1925 scopes trial, where some putz didn't know how to defend himself, and all the evidence the evolutionist teacher used is now debunk. Many are still trying to keep it alive, while everybody else in the world is figuring this theory is no longer holding water...

You are totally delusional! There is not one credible scientist in the world who does not believe that evolution is a good theory and there is little chance of that ever changing. I'd love to write a long diatribe arguing the point but I know it will fall on deaf ears.

I actually had some sympathy for you in the first 9 pages I read but I had to skip to the end and see that you are insulting what I hold dear and that is scientific research. I thought "Hey, maybe he does just want to find some climbing buddies interested in Christ." but arguing Intelligent Design in your own thread removes whatever credibility you had when JosephH launched the first attack.

You want facts about evolution? Here is a website devoted entirely to those who think just like yourself.

http://www.talkorigins.org/

in particular

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-evolution.html

There are many Christians that think that evolution is a good theory and that literal interpretations of the Bible are foolish. How can one selectively declare what is literal and what isn't in the Bible? It's all or nothing because otherwise it isn't the true word of god, it's an interpretation by man.

There I go. I said I wouldn't argue but I just couldn't help myself.

Bad theory???.....dude...evolution is just as much of a proven fact as theology is....which should tell you something.....you cannot prove God exsists anymore than I can prove we came from apes....Its all about what you believe to be true. I believe in evolution. It makes more sense to me.

Organized religion these days seems more for the money making aspect of it more than any other thing it brings to the table.

In the end.....if it does not hurt anyone else and it brings peace unto you.......so be it.....enjoy.

BUT PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PREACH IT TO ME. I HAD ENOUGH OF IT GROWNING UP.

:wave: