Bachelor Ticket Deals

JayB

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - looks like Bachelor is a tough nut to crack for discounts.

Heard rumblings about discount tickets available at Costco and Gi Joes last year, but not coming up with much this year.

$66 bones per day for Bachelor beats paying about the same for man-made groomers on the East Coast, but is still kind of painful.

Grab yer ankles!

The only discounted tickets that I know of is the Joes Outdoors deal:

http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/tickets/Joes.html

Unfortunately, these vouchers ain't good over the holiday season. Lo Siento.

So unless you are staying at a hotel that is offering a package, you are going to feel the hurt of corporate ski greed!

Remember to pursue the option of a 'ride' ticket for questionable weather days... this allows you to test the goods without burning a full days pass.

Also, head south for a day and checkout Willamette Pass. Small area, cool terrain, less ego.

The base is getting some much needed love right now. I haven't riden a lift yet this year.

you are going to feel the hurt of corporate ski greed!

Ironic headline on the "Bend Business Review": "Breaking Point Is Powdr Corp killing bill Healy's dream for Mt. Bachelor?"

Interesting to note in the same article Bachy visits are up just 3% over 2001 and have actually fallen .77% on the 10 year time scale. Compared to a 14% increase over 2001 and 44% increase over 10 years for Meadows.

Hey:

Thanks for the updates and suggestions. Looks like we'll be able to hook-up the two-for-one deal via Shell for the 26th.

Now if only I could figure out whether or not Whistler will revive last year's deal, I could start planning our vacation. Might have to head for Utah instead if deets don't emerge soon.

you are going to feel the hurt of corporate ski greed!

Ironic headline on the "Bend Business Review": "Breaking Point Is Powdr Corp killing bill Healy's dream for Mt. Bachelor?"

Interesting to note in the same article Bachy visits are up just 3% over 2001 and have actually fallen .77% on the 10 year time scale. Compared to a 14% increase over 2001 and 44% increase over 10 years for Meadows.

Seems like Bachy was seen as the premiere "destination" mountain in the PNW up until the mid-80's, but it's status as such seems to have declined progressively ever since.

Pretty much the only reason I'd bother with Bachelor is if I have some other reason to be there. I'd never travel to the area for the skiing at Bachy if I lived in Portland/Washington.