favorite punk bands NSFFW

pink

anybody who grabs stage divers by the hair and walks them around stage and throws them off is punk in my book.

nah, that's thug. beer swillin' misogynists, just a step away from frat boys.

punk is socially conscious. punk is pro-thought.

punk is feminine, with a masculine energy, and vice-versa.

punk is positive.

you're confusing hard-core with punk.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

punk is socially conscious. punk is pro-thought.

punk is feminine, with a masculine energy, and vice-versa.

punk is positive.

you're confusing hard-core with punk.

yep

Punk is Henry Rollins. or Henry Rollins is my ideal punk... either way works for me.

punk is about meaning what you say and saying what you mean, and being willing to put your money action time where your mouth is. don't preach it unless you are willing to live it. what punk has always been to me is honest. sincere.real. from the heart. and funny and fun too (dead milkmen, cramps, to name two that come to mind.

(I stand by this even though archy whole heartedly disagrees.)

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

punk is about meaning what you say and saying what you mean, and being willing to put your money action time where your mouth is. don't preach it unless you are willing to live it. what punk has always been to me is honest. sincere.real. from the heart. and funny and fun too (dead milkmen, cramps, to name two that come to mind.

This is a punk as it gets, then, the self-proclaimed "Temple of Rock and Roll":

yMRF7_lBap0

who is cracker???

I am still passionately in love with dave vannian. some one already said decendents too.

What about Violent Femms??? I love them too

and the romans

and the dead milkmen (i already said them)

someone said sex pistols... what about Public Image Limited?

Love Suicidal Tendencies

the best thing about punk and the 80's was the local scene

a few chairs

detonators

zombie toolshed

uncle charlie

man those were some really good days

GG was fucked. I watched a clip where he shit on stage, threw it in the audience and wiped the rest on himself.

I just watched the Shellac clip. Now I'm really pissed I missed them the last time they came through.

I saw Left Over Crack in Switzerland in Sept. The front man was telling off the crowd saying that they made all their money on Nazi gold. The guitarist got pissed off and left so they started hack playing Pixies covers and old Choking Victim stuff. That was the most punk show I've been to lately. The show was in a prison converted into jam rooms. The cafeteria was converted into a bar.

GG was fucked. I watched a clip where he shit on stage, threw it in the audience and wiped the rest on himself.

I just watched the Shellac clip. Now I'm really pissed I missed them the last time they came through.

I saw Left Over Crack in Switzerland in Sept. The front man was telling off the crowd saying that they made all their money on Nazi gold. The guitarist got pissed off and left so they started hack playing Pixies covers and old Choking Victim stuff. That was the most punk show I've been to lately. The show was in a prison converted into jam rooms. The cafeteria was converted into a bar.

oohhhhh the pixies I love them

I just saw Black Francis last month here in town. he still rocks my world. (not as much as when he was in the pixies though)

I'd put Slayer in the "thrash" category, but whatever, they still fucking RULE!

That's the sad part...without even trying, they're still more punk than 99% of the "new" punk.

I like Henry 'n all, but he doesn't embody punk for me like he does for some people. But he is very good at marketing himself.