Beacon After Thanksgiving

Blake

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might be blake adn would love to show you 'roudn - i might go to hood though if the forecast stays good - stay in touch - at any rate, i'm sure i could hook you up w/ the grand patriarch of beacon, who is def the coolest person to climb w/ there...

I've met Jim and Bill coe, climbed with Joseph, and would climb with any of them again for sure. You must be referencing one of the three.

word. you know the holy trinity then. things might well not have dried out enough by then, but i highly recommend flying swallow (you can rap in from the far west end of grassy ledges) if its wet everywhere else as it stays dry the longest. you also need would enjoy stepphenwulf, flying circus, blood sweatn'smears, bluebird and jensens ridge.

is that psychic wound your talking about. I was looking at that second pitch dihedral. it looks pretty intense for the first 15 or 20 ft off the belay, like small beaks or rurps

psychic wound is what i was talking about. the intense part is near the end. it would be a hard one to free.

Here's a link to an old post I did about the layering / heat pack system I use at Beacon in the winter. I despise being cold so I can guarantee it works out there even on the burliest of days...

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=12&Number=627781&Searchpage=2&Main=47472&Words=turtle&topic=0&Search=true#Post627781

Here's a link to an old post I did about the layering / heat pack system I use at Beacon in the winter. I despise being cold so I can guarantee it works out there even on the burliest of days...

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=12&Number=627781&Searchpage=2&Main=47472&Words=turtle&topic=0&Search=true#Post627781

tried that system out the other day - worked nice - didn't feel crazy hot, but my hands tolerated being exposed all day - the packs need o2 to heat up though, so i think they don't get as hot as they could when bundled under a bunch of layers