Ten Days That Shook Olympia

prole

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, two comments.

Kenke; I call bullshit on your "Fighting Soldiers from the Sky" post. Those two marines who regrettably died in this mess of a war did absolutely nothing to secure anyone's right to protest. Al Qaeda, the Iraqis...none of the folks we've been fighting have threatened that right at all. The only REAL threat to that right has been our own government. You're disingenuously yanking the "patriotic" chain for effect, and you know it.

Second: in an age where central (federal) control has fucked our country up the ass in so many ways, property taxes represent the most significant local form of revenue generation, and therefore local political control. I'm all for local control these days.

hehe, maybe this whole Iraq mess HAS done some unexpected good... to make the cc.commies re-think the federal deity they created

This just in: "socially liberal" does not equal "in love with police state". And last time I checked, the federal government has been around just a little longer than CC.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Now there are a few hundred kids who walked out of school and are outside the capitol. There is another anti war thing tomorrow. Meanwhile the comments people are posting on related news reports on the Olympian website are calling for blood of those who don't support the war. It's scary how much everyone hates each other in this country.

Now there are a few hundred kids who walked out of school and are outside the capitol. There is another anti war thing tomorrow. Meanwhile the comments people are posting on related news reports on the Olympian website are calling for blood of those who don't support the war. It's scary how much everyone hates each other in this country.

Cool. Thanks for keeping us updated.

This just in: "socially liberal" does not equal "in love with police state". And last time I checked, the federal government has been around just a little longer than CC.

If there's one thing we should all know by now living in America, it's that money=power. Those who perpetually advocate bigger government in terms of money should be prepared to accept the terms of power that go with it. I just said "cc.commie" because it sounds funny.

If there's one thing we should all know by now living in America, it's that money=power. Those who perpetually advocate bigger government in terms of money should be prepared to accept the terms of power that go with it. I just said "cc.commie" because it sounds funny.

and original

No worries. Evergreen's answer to Mr. Garrison is on point and has this one covered, mmmkay..

" From: Johnson, Leslie

Sent: Wed 11/14/07 13:03

To: All Staff & Faculty DL

Subject: FW: Port demonstration Debrief with Counseling Center staff

—–Original Message—–

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:15 PM

To: Gaetz, Gloria

Subject: Port demonstration Debrief with Counseling Center staff

The Counseling Center will be holding a debriefing specifically for TESC students who have been involved The Olympia Port war protest.

The purpose of the debriefing is to provide emotional support and help students process traumatic experiences. This will be a therapeutic setting and as such no media will be present or allowed. If you are aware of a student who was involved in the protest and is having difficulty coping with or processing this experience please encourage them to attend this therapeutic debriefing.

When: Thursday Nov. 15

Time: 6- 8 p.m.

Where: CAB room 108

Leslie Johnson, MSW

Mental Health Therapist

TESC Counseling Center

Ext. 6802"