Giardia!?!

Denizen

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you can trot down to your nearest PCC and try to take care of it with love and understanding by gently nudging it out with doses of metamusil and meditation.

There are some nudgers and some explosive cleansers. I would still like to know what specifically is recommended for giardia.

BTW, there are other water born bugs out there these days. Don't necessarily assume it's the big G.

I have been drinking water from nasty places all of my life. No serious results so far. I'm probably a carrier.

got it a couple times in peru. i cured it with the natural way AND ALSO WITH DRUGS(usually used drugs if i was on a route)

the natural way is a 2-3 step program with capsules and drops.(walnut husks and some ohter stuff. you dont feel a thing.

very effective. you feel 80% cured after 24-36 hours but need to take caps for up to a month to be sure. i stopped a couple times after 10 days and it was fine.

with drugs you feel 80% cured after 12-18 hr.it is a powerfull antibiotic that kills giardia and everything in your stomac.flora, enzymes,it weakens your immune system.

I also thought Giardia was something you could build an immunity to. I drink from Silver creek regularly, and have had periods of time that I feel a bit not-so-regular, but never anything too bad. I thought I was just getting exposed a little bit and that I was building a resistance to it. Sounds like that ain't true.

i've just been googling giardia immunity and the concensus seems to be that that the mechanisms are multiple and not completely understood. link

i also remember reading a while back that some researchers were starting to think most cases of giardia were not from drinking water but from poor hygiene in the woods, ie not washing your hands after you go poopoo.

i gave up on the mechanical reliability of filters years ago and go with iodine. i like those polar pure crystals in the bottle and use the colman neutralizer pills with it.

usually tho i'm just melting snow.

Polar_Pure.3.jpg

purell.jpg

:tup:

i've heard too many stories about people becoming lactose intolerant possibly from giardia and don't like to take chances. i need foods like cheese and ice cream to be fully happy.

i've just been googling giardia immunity and the concensus seems to be that that the mechanisms are multiple and not completely understood. link

i also remember reading a while back that some researchers were starting to think most cases of giardia were not from drinking water but from poor hygiene in the woods, ie not washing your hands after you go poopoo.

There are a lot of nasties you can get from not washing up after doing your business. Alcohol-based hand purifiers are good in a "pinch", butt, good old soap and water should be used whenever possible.

If you've had it you'd know. Basically all i remember is being in a face down, kneeling and rocking fetal ball with large-scale cramps cycling from my asshole to my throat at a rate of about once every three seconds.

Couldn't agree more.

Now his second comment, well, I'd like to imagine that I would have noticed that...

Alcohol-based hand purifiers are good in a "pinch", butt, good old soap and water should be used whenever possible.

i work in a medical setting and the new thing seems to be that purell works better at killing germs than soap and water. i've heard this straight from a microbiologist's mouth. other opinions obviously exist. catbird?

they're installing these wall mounted purell dispensers everywhere.

I am no medical expert.

I read that by using more disinfectants, we are actually creating stronger, more resistant bugs right in our very kitchens. Have you read this? Is is just hype that gullible people like me believe?

yes. it's better to leave everything filthy, and lick your floors and countertops periodically to increase your resistance to bacteria.