Fatties get special treatment?

archenemy

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for docs who have to deal with that every single day. And then we get mad at them for "pushing drugs". It must be frustrating for them to want to see people healthy, but then not have folks want to do anything about their own health. And then get reamed by insurance assholes to top it all off. Bummer.

ha...i'm 112/64...and that's in my tubby condition...

so, we should bake some brownies up!!!

If you were anyone else, I'd say I would rub your face in those brownies. But to get beaten up by a dwarf in front of my friends would be just too embarrassing. Good thing I am in the weight class above yours.

There we go - resting heart rate around 52. Run 30+ miles a week. Ran 17 miles yesterday. (Marathon approaching.)

Yeah, I look at these people like my doc and my cousin, and wonder what they think when they have to deal with people that are practically killing themselves, and just making excuses while they do it. It's their choice, I guess.

[quote=JayB

Who is talking about virtue here? What anyone chooses to do to their own body is their business, whether that's inhaling smoke or five helpings of curly fries and washing it down with 64-oz Slurpee.

Yeah, I agree it's thier business, but I don't want to pay for it. I want points or a price break on my health insurance for having a normal BMI and exercising and not smoking, etc., just like I get a discount on my car insurance for safe driving. I don't want to pay for someone else's adult onset diabetes and high blood pressure and quadruple bypass.

Ditto.

A matter of virtue? No. A matter of responsibility? Yes.

Many life threatening conditions have an overwhelmingly genetic component. It's not all "personal responsibility" (not even half or a quarter, an a lot of cases). Are you saying that you want a price break (or you want others to pay more, same thing) for your/their genetics?

There we go - resting heart rate around 52. Run 30+ miles a week. Ran 17 miles yesterday. (Marathon approaching.)

Yeah, I look at these people like my doc and my cousin, and wonder what they think when they have to deal with people that are practically killing themselves, and just making excuses while they do it. It's their choice, I guess.

hey, good job. I'm between 60 and 65.

what kills me is people who think that going on a 10 mile hike, or biking to work is some gargantuan, strenuous, fitness-freak outing. "you bike from Bellevue... wow". actually, no, that's not much of a physical exertion - get off the couch and try to do something...

Do you apply that standard to people working high stress jobs as well?

[quote=JayB

Who is talking about virtue here? What anyone chooses to do to their own body is their business, whether that's inhaling smoke or five helpings of curly fries and washing it down with 64-oz Slurpee.

Yeah, I agree it's thier business, but I don't want to pay for it. I want points or a price break on my health insurance for having a normal BMI and exercising and not smoking, etc., just like I get a discount on my car insurance for safe driving. I don't want to pay for someone else's adult onset diabetes and high blood pressure and quadruple bypass.

Ditto.

A matter of virtue? No. A matter of responsibility? Yes.

Many life threatening conditions have an overwhelmingly genetic component. It's not all "personal responsibility" (not even half or a quarter, an a lot of cases). Are you saying that you want a price break (or you want others to pay more, same thing) for your/their genetics?

Yes. Anything that'll save me money. After all, I am completely self-involved.

Not genetic - statisics.

In January 2005 I was 25 lbs. heavier and my BP was 190/100. I changed my choices. The beer & Twinkies diet was simply NOT WORKING anymore.

Yes. Anything that'll save me money. After all, I am completely self-involved.

Not genetic - statisics.

SELF VALIDATION!

I vote we through the skinny fucks in freezing water for 15 minutes. Or just give them a serious traumatic injury and watch them die.

Or just end all forms of insurance and make everybody pay for themselves, it's the only way to ensure everyones insurance is accurate.

hey, good job. I'm between 60 and 65.

what kills me is people who think that going on a 10 mile hike, or biking to work is some gargantuan, strenuous, fitness-freak outing. "you bike from Bellevue... wow". actually, no, that's not much of a physical exertion - get off the couch and try to do something...

i did get off my couch once, fell and hit my face on the foot stool...decided nope, not doing that again..."hey son, would you mind fetching the remote...that's a good boy!"