WTF, Seahawks

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would you expect from a team led by mike holmgren and matt hassleback? the hawks will never go anywhere until they ditch their coach and get a real QB.

I don't think Hasselback is the problem. Combine a pampered Alexander with an O-line that can't run block and that gets zero push on short yards...that's the problem. At least in the first few games the pass protection (easiest kind of blocking) was pretty good. Now that's gone to heck too. Looks pretty grim.

But as for Hasselback....remember that broken 4th-quarter play against Arizona which resulted in a turnover? When the ball was on the ground, Hasselback was actually fighting to recover. Alexander just stood there with his thumb up his butt. Hasselback is talented and competitive. The rest of the offense is collapsing. Prediction: 7-9 followed by Alexander retiring.

what would you expect from a team led by mike holmgren and matt hassleback? the hawks will never go anywhere until they ditch their coach and get a real QB.

I don't think Hasselback is the problem. Combine a pampered Alexander with an O-line that can't run block and that gets zero push on short yards...that's the problem. At least in the first few games the pass protection (easiest kind of blocking) was pretty good. Now that's gone to heck too. Looks pretty grim.

But as for Hasselback....remember that broken 4th-quarter play against Arizona which resulted in a turnover? When the ball was on the ground, Hasselback was actually fighting to recover. Alexander just stood there with his thumb up his butt. Hasselback is talented and competitive. The rest of the offense is collapsing. Prediction: 7-9 followed by Alexander retiring.

Agreed. Alexander got his big payoff and since then has been a big dud. :tdown:

And to the 0-4 Saints... back-to-back fiascos. Wazzup???

The saint game killed me. Blocked punt for TD and a lost fumble with 6 guys standing around it. I knew they were done at that point. And guess what here comes the winless Rams with Bulger back. Dam it a perfect setup for another loss. They look bad right now.

Alexander has had a cast on his hand for much of the season. I know he has been under-performing, but he still has high expectations of himself and I believe he is a competitor who will rebound and have some big games yet.

I am disappointed in his performance so far this year, but the absence of our wide receivers has allowed defenses to really not worry so much about the pass, and focus on stopping Alexander, which has frustrated Hasselback and everyone else....

In short, wait till Deion Branch and company return, and then see how Alexander does when the field is opened up by the passing game....

In any case, still leading the division coming into the bye week...