Good buget first pair of tools

KingsMM

I'm looking at tools to buy for this winter. I'm on a budget. I'm looking to do WI and some Alpine routes with them. Maybe a bit of dry tooling but not much. What would you recommend? What about the STUBAI HORNET for 100$ each? Tools are so expensive i don't want to buy the wrong pair.

Thanks,

Kip

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used tools are definitely the best first set of tools, especially with the release of the next-gen BD tools.

The rage's that John is selling are very good. You can equip them with a bunch of doo-dads to make them leashless.

The Cobras that Porter is offering are lighter and transmit less vibration. Attaching leashless doo-dads is a littl emore difficult, but still possible.

Used tools are definitely the best first set of tools, especially with the release of the next-gen BD tools.

The rage's that John is selling are very good. You can equip them with a bunch of doo-dads to make them leashless.

The Cobras that Porter is offering are lighter and transmit less vibration. Attaching leashless doo-dads is a littl emore difficult, but still possible.

I might be talked out of my BD Cobras (two hammers, but I have an adze attachment to throw in too). They have the leashless mod on them (removable), and are in great shape. $250 for the pair.

PM if interested.

***SOLD*** Here is a pic for those interested:

CobraMod_0011.jpg

I'm not including the androids i have with them.

Edited by porter

Goig budget on tools is one the worst things you can ever do..sure by second hand but go grab a bunch of tools at the stor and see what you like and dont like then try and find somes used tools..for instance the tools porter has I cannont stand, climbed on them a few times and to me their the worst tools on the market..but my parnter loves them..so be careful cause having a bad or slighty lame tool is the worst feeling in the world even worse if you only had to kick in another 100$ to have the best