Private, dont read

noliquidity

Points found in common across fascist regimes

1.) Powerful and Continuing Nationalism -term "Homeland Security" was completely random

2.) Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights (I peronally could give a shit for the human rights of radical muslim fundamentalists)

3.) Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause you commie lib homo godless anti-semetic traitor

4.) Supremacy of the Military ( when contained within the DOD, right now its problaby needed)

5.) Rampant Sexism (depends on what I get out of the deal)

6.) Controlled Mass Media (1996 TeleCommunications Act- signed by Clinton by the way)

7.) Obsession with National Security (During this wonderful point in history whos to say....)

8.) Religion and Government are Intertwined (ironically this is destroying the RNC from the inside out)

9.) Corporate Power is Protected: (this my freinds is THE PRIMARY concern of neocons, and why most republicans ARE NOT neocons)

10.) Labor Power is Suppressed: (see above)

11.) Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts -you commie lib homo godless anti-semetic traitor

12.) Obsession with Crime and Punishment (not that anyone would use the PATRIOT Act for domestic purposes)

13.) Rampant Cronyism and Corruption (Dems/Repubs no difference- how about campaign finance reform)

14. Fraudulent Elections: -thats just absolutlety positvely not possible you commie lib homo godless anti-semetic traitor that cant spell

References

Andrews, Kevin. Greece in the Dark. Amsterdam: Hakkert, 1980. Chabod, Frederico. A History of Italian Fascism. London: Weidenfeld, 1963. Cooper, Marc. Pinochet and Me. New York: Verso, 2001. Cornwell, John. Hitler as Pope. New York: Viking, 1999. de Figuerio, Antonio. Portugal?Fifty Years of Dictatorship. New York: Holmes & Meier, 1976. Eatwell, Roger. Fascism, A History. New York: Penguin, 1995. Fest, Joachim C. The Face of the Third Reich. New York: Pantheon, 1970. Gallo, Max. Mussolini?s Italy. New York: MacMillan, 1973. Kershaw, Ian. Hitler (two volumes). New York: Norton, 1999. Laqueur, Walter. Fascism, Past, Present, and Future. New York: Oxford, 1996. Papandreau, Andreas. Democracy at Gunpoint. New York: Penguin Books, 1971. Phillips, Peter. Censored 2001: 25 Years of Censored News. New York: Seven Stories. 2001. Sharp, M.E. Indonesia Beyond Suharto. Armonk, 1999. Verdugo, Patricia. Chile, Pinochet, and the Caravan of Death. Coral Gables, Florida: North-South Center Press, 2001. Yglesias, Jose. The Franco Years. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1977.

From an article by Laurence Britt

This political shit gets grinding after awhile,but this anonymous trashing could get added to the list of hobbies.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"9.) Corporate Power is Protected: (this my freinds is THE PRIMARY concern of neocons, and why most republicans ARE NOT neocons)"

Hmmm...this is pretty much what republicans do. That and intertwine religion and government. And promote militarism. And fight against funding the arts.

You are obviously making the point that republicans are a fascist regime? Either that or you're nuts.

I obviously love to read things that are marked private. Next time, juicier please?

Thats why I made the distinction about the neocons having their PRIMARY goal. I actually think many republicans are driven by right to life issues, gun issues, fiscal issues, immigration issues and security issues. The neocons manipulate them with fearmongering about those issues and they end up blindly following all the rest of the neocon agenda. The evangelical wing and gun-rights wing has been completely brain washed into believing all democrats are anti-gun heathens. If Rove had only been a Democrat.... Combing both Democrats and Republicans and Independents what percentage would you guess is pro-choice, pro-bill of rights(including gun rights), want an effective military, tighter immigration policy, and stronger fiscal management? My guess is thats its well over 50% of the country regardless of party affiliation. Its much easier to control the masses when their divided. My theory about posting it as "private" was right I just figured once I got the resident fascists to read it they would respond first. I just want people to step outside the box weve all been painted into.

Self quote on this one

"This political shit gets grinding after awhile,but this anonymous trashing could get added to the list of hobbies."

It took me a few days of posting on the first forum I've contributed to for me to devolve that. Its amazing how the anonymous nature of the internet can alter behavior. The written word takes on a life of its own. I wonder if, in my case at least, it gives me a feeling of power when the events around the planet seem to be spinning out of control. I am not going to change your thinking. Its too much negative energy being expended on a futile arguments that will always leads to more of the same. How do you do it without becoming angry? Or do you enjoy the rush of the anger? I'm interested in your response.