Hardscaping thieves in Ballard

dt_3pin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Pope....Every wall needs to be bolted.

Firewood thieves were rampant at Washington College (now Washington and Lee University, Va) in the 1870's. A couple of students packed a charge of blackpowder into a log and waited for the show. A slight miscaluation nearly blew a professor's room apart--his butler (the thief) was too lazy to stock his woodpile and had resorted to nicking logs.

hollow out a rock and put one of those GPS transponders in it

make a hole in a rock?

I can make a hole in a rock. How does one "hollow out" a rock?

A masonry saw and chisel will be useful. Saw the rock in half. Chisel out a cavity of usable size. Glue the rock back together with epoxy and drill an outlet.

That's so sad to hear. It's a bummer that people who take pride in their home (seriously, no pun intended) get penalized like that.

I have never gotten into fixing up the outside of my house, so the front yard looks like shit. The house itself doesn't look that great. People are always surprised when they come inside that it doesn't look white trash on the inside as well. Sad to say, part of this is on purpose. I always kind of home someone would be less willing to break into a place that doesn't look very spiffy.

Bummer on stuff getting stolen from anywhere around your home though--it doesn't get much more personal feeling than that! :tdown: