Wayne Wallace Pickets Presentation - Oct 3rd

JasonG

Have you ever wondered what if would be like to traverse this ridgeline?

Northern_Pickets_299.jpg

If you live anywhere within a two-day drive of Mount Vernon, WA, then you'd better plan on coming in to town on Wednesday, October 3rd and find out! At this month's meeting of the Skagit Alpine Club, Wayne will be telling tales of four new routes in the Pickets including Mongo Ridge and the Southern (photo above) and Northern Picket Traverses. With many FAs to his name, Wayne has been climbing for decades in the Cascades and greater ranges. The first ever recipient of the Fred Beckey Award from the American Alpine Club, Wayne has authored feature pieces for both the American Alpine and Northwest Mountain Journals. This show is not to be missed!

The meeting will be at Skagit valley College, Nelson Hall Room 120, 7pm. http://www.skagit.edu/images/color_mvCampus.pdf

There will be refreshments, but not of the alcoholic kind. We'll remedy that after the show at the Porterhouse . . .

Cheers,

Jason Griffith

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know, i know - i am SO SUCK. :cry: i totally would have come. i just haven't been on here for over a month. dammit!!! i still think there should be some option to have the entire events forum emailed to me on a regular basis ... but i will try to check in more often. any other shows coming up?

Indeed, the presentation took our monthly meeting to a new level! Thanks to Wayne for bringing in quite a crowd. It's always fun to meet some new folks, so I hope ya'll will come back now and again. Skagit Valley isn't always as hick as it looks.

Don't forget that Sky is up next month!

Cheers,

Jason