What, no Pub Club?

archenemy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinking is very nearly a school sponsored sport at U of I :tup:

It IS a school-sponsored sport at VA Tech, ESPECIALLY during Engineer's Week! :crosseye:

Hmmm you probably went to school in one of those sorry ass east coast schools where the drinking age has always been 21. At the UI we were legally in bars at 19 back in the day and all those sorry suckers from WSU were willing to risk DUI just to get a drink when all we had to do is walk to the booze.

Drinking is very nearly a school sponsored sport at U of I :tup:

It IS a school-sponsored sport at VA Tech, ESPECIALLY during Engineer's Week! :crosseye:

Hmmm you probably went to school in one of those sorry ass east coast schools where the drinking age has always been 21. At the UI we were legally in bars at 19 back in the day and all those sorry suckers from WSU were willing to risk DUI just to get a drink when all we had to do is walk to the booze.

Hmmm... welllllllllll, when I was a senior in high school, the drinking age was still 18. It changed to 21 on New Year's Day of my graduation year, but I was legal for all of 6 weeks. Not that it mattered anyway... all the stores that I bought beer and cheap wine from still sold to me after the age changed anyway. But there were still kids that risked the DUI by driving the 60-mile round trip all the frickin' way to West By-Gawd Virgina where the age was still 18. Besides, my folks bought all the beer and good wine that I needed. They started me on a tad bit of red wine at dinner when I was ten years old. We were living in Italy at the time, and it seemed like the right thing to do. I still love a good glass of Sangiovese...