Sea Turtles

i_like_sun

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been swimming with these creatures all afternoon! They are amazing.... every movement they do under water is so perfect and graceful. Not an ounce of energy is wasted.

that is why i decided to take up scuba. I will be certified soon. When i was in Hawi 3 years ago i had so much fun snorkeling.

ps my boyfriend is in Hawaii with out me :cry: right now. on the plus side he is not certified yet either ;)

Russ- are you swimming on Maui outside the Sheraton? That's where they all were and swam with them last December!!

Well, Mythos, I don't know who this "Russ" guy is, but the sun monster is in Hawaii! I'm staying up on the northwest shore of Oahu out in "the sticks" as the condo people like to say. So far its been AWSOME!

We went for this totally rad hike yesterday up this really old stair thing, and gained something like 2000 feet of elevation in 90 degree temps. Climbing steep stuff in that heat is such an awesome workout! Perfect training for climbing. Then after that we spent all afternoon attempting to surf. Basically, I paddled a half mile out, then proceeded to get pounded by the ocean over and over till finally I slammed into the bottom coral and became a humbled [little] man! I got up only twice, rode the wave for like five feet, then ate shit.

I'll get it today.......

Everyone else enjoying themselves today?

:rawk:

Yeah Yeah Yeah......

I have gotten some bad vibes from a few locals. I do understand their view point, and probably would be the same if I were them. Seriously, their islands, culture, and GENES have been desimated!

It blew me away to learn that there are essentially ZERO native species of ANYTHING now on the islands. Its rediculous.

Barnyard

Another name for a kook, beginner, wavehog, non-surfer coming out and screaming about how they're ripping when they're actually stinkbugging, squatting, and surfing with the poorest style possible. Common with high school jocks, preppies, and others who are trying to fit into the surf community.

Barney

Someone who is less than skilled at surfing. Originally derived from the cartoon character Barney on The Flinstones because he was similar to a hodad.

Waldo

A barnyard, barney, or flailer. A surfer who doesn't have much skill, brags about their surfing ability and most of the time has a very heavy stinkbug stance. A large part of kookdom or kootzkyness.

more

Barnyard

Another name for a kook, beginner, wavehog, non-surfer coming out and screaming about how they're ripping when they're actually stinkbugging, squatting, and surfing with the poorest style possible. Common with high school jocks, preppies, and others who are trying to fit into the surf community.

Barney

Someone who is less than skilled at surfing. Originally derived from the cartoon character Barney on The Flinstones because he was similar to a hodad.

Waldo

A barnyard, barney, or flailer. A surfer who doesn't have much skill, brags about their surfing ability and most of the time has a very heavy stinkbug stance. A large part of kookdom or kootzkyness.

more

I am completely aware and OK with sucking balls at surfing right now!

Give me one week to dial in.