Peaks you can't do in a day

Blake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt anyone could do Dome in a day. 27 mi round trip with 10,000 vertical feet of elevation gain on bad trail and off-trail.

Of course, someone will try to prove me wrong.

with a little running, and even a bivy (with wife, not trying to set any records), this was done in < 24h a few Septembers ago.

i bet one of you enduros (e.g. OTHook) could do it in, hmmm, 12-13 hours. betting pool?

Agreed, Dome isn't even in the realm of discussion...

I myself am not a runner at all, but I got to Itswoot Ridge with a full pack in 6.5 hours, summitted in 2 more. <1.5 hours back to camp and I can't imagine it took more than 6 hours to get back to the car. That's 16 hours with an overnight pack. And look at my tagline...

with a little running, and even a bivy (with wife, not trying to set any records), this was done in < 24h a few Septembers ago.

i bet one of you enduros (e.g. OTHook) could do it in, hmmm, 12-13 hours. betting pool?

Lets not go trying to lump yourself in with the rest of humanity...mmmkay Baller?

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if Sinister, Leconte, Spider and Snowfield are candidates?

Spider, LeConte: Yang yang is a casual 8-hour stroll from Cascade Pass, so someone who jogged a bit could round trip LeConte in a day easily.

Sinister sounds like an off-the-hook challenge.